Movies

American Gangster better than Scarface? Them some bold words.

Saw about 20 minutes of Apocalypto this morning. (sacrifice scene to his escape). Is it worth seeing the rest of the movie? I'm not anti-violence but this one seemed a bit cheesy....

American Gangster better than Scarface? Them some bold words.

Saw about 20 minutes of Apocalypto this morning. (sacrifice scene to his escape). Is it worth seeing the rest of the movie? I'm not anti-violence but this one seemed a bit cheesy....

I actually kinda liked Apocalypto, despite going in thinking I wouldnt. Not something I'd really be compelled to watch again though.

gonna watch Fay Grim today based off of NAD's rec.
I think you're supposed to watch Henry Fool first, but I have not done that yet because I'm a fucking idiot.

I started to watch The Number 23 last night but passed out. Neverwas coming up this weekend, looks like a happy one!!! :erk:

watched Spiderman 3 ... was better than 2, me thinks.

I liked this dickhead attitude of Spiderman, rather Tobey McGuire (as he always plays nice) ... and I was really waiting for Sandman at the end to invite these guys to go to Napa Valley, drink and bang Asian chicks

it worked as you hate the fucker anyway ... and he only makes an appearance as "Venom" for a little while

Scarface doesn't hold a candle to American Gangster. I'm bolder than Yuban and half as black.

Apocalyptico rules my face, Mel Gibson for Vice President! :kickass:

Spiderman 3 sucks shit. Topher Grace is a faggot, I feel really bad for that beautiful red head who was forced to smooch with him for half a decade. I wonder if the carpet matches the drapes?!?! :loco:

BTW That question was directed at Laurie Prepon, not Mr. Grace.

Are you talking about the recent one? It was a heavy handed piece of shit. I had a rant about it in this thread I'm sure. I'm mostly pissed because it was a SHIT movie that beat Brokeback Mountain, which I thought was frickin' awesome. Note that I did not see either one until long after the awards that year, so I'm retro-angry. :dopey:

Brokeback: made me want to kill myself because it was so bleak*
Crash: made me want to kill myself because it was so bad#

*awesome
#shitty

I remember being superficially impressed with Crash when I saw it, then slowly having mists clear and realising that I could have experienced the same effect by having the writer/director Paul Haggis standing over me, repeatedly hitting me in the skull with a ball-peen hammer, on which the words 'WE'RE ALL RACIST AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF OURSELVES!' are embossed. Brokeback should have won the Best Picture Oscar for sure.