Movies

i can't say i hate many movies as they all have some redeeming qualities ... but MAGNOLIA is at the top of my list of I FUCKIGN HATE THIS MOVIE list ... and the list right now is just one movie ... MAGNOLIA ... :loco:

the most pretentious piece of drivel I have ever seen

lmfao

I'd prob make it 20 minutes into it nowadays.

I have the attention span of a gnat it seems. Unless it's a really funny movie. Pretty much the only movies I can make it trhough nowadays are comedies. ie Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, Borat, Family Guy, ...that type of crude shit.

Im also a big fan of the epic movies but they have become so godamn cliche in the past few years, its awful. They all suck now.

CRASH blows ... I felt like i was getting lectured by the plot

but yeah I am with you Ken on flicks lately ... try to watch fun, crude stuff rather than long epics.

my chika is into long period pieces and war type flicks :loco:

I loved it when the white cop laid in to that fat negress.

I don't quite get the "Crash" hate, I believed it to be a good film. All the in the closet racists had their feathers ruffled by the director's message. When you walk in to a St Paul. liquor store at 11pm at night, surrounded by half a dozen negars, with a wad of cash on you, does your fight or flight mechanism not go to defcon 2???! If not, you're no wiser than the gazelle who grazes the Serengeti care-free amongst a pride of lions. (Or in this case chimps)

Confucius said, be wise like the Elephant, tread like the mouse, be ready to snap like the hippo. This my young son will keep your ostrich neck from snapping like birch on the back of a darkie.

Cloverfield is going to RULE. Been following it for a couple of months and the new trailer is out tomorrow!
Yeah me too.

I don't know why, I normally hate big budget bullshit.

There is an alleged Lovecraft connection, which will likely add up to nil.

I fucking loved Crash. I had to stop it halfway through just to take a breather. Had to do the same with Goodfellas.

By the way, Knocked Up is pretty terrible. I mean, it's not bad per se but it's not nearly as good as 40 Year Old Virgin. That guy is much better playing the dumb side-kick role, he's no leading man. It was like too much of a good thing.

Yeah me too.

I don't know why, I normally hate big budget bullshit.

There is an alleged Lovecraft connection, which will likely add up to nil.

This is far from a big budget movie. The budget is 30 million, with unheard of actors. Most of the money should go towards the actual effects though. I saw a leaked version of the second trailer this morning, but it was horrible quality.

yeah, Knocked Up was not as good as I was expecting ... i do have high hopes for Superbad though

This is far from a big budget movie. The budget is 30 million, with unheard of actors. Most of the money should go towards the actual effects though. I saw a leaked version of the second trailer this morning, but it was horrible quality.
Dude I normally watch shit filmed for less than the cost of a few car payments, $30 million is a HUGE budget by my standards. :loco:

I AM LEGEND is going to be big budget AND kick buttocks.

The book ruled my face.

Two things that are already bothering me about the book to movie schtick...

Book = Big burly english-german man in Los Angeles

Movie = Big lipped afromerican in New York

Anywho, big fan of Will Smith and I'm eagerly awaiting this movie :kickass:

which are all a 4th rate SHORT CUTS ...

but if you want to see the best of these "lives tied together" type of flicks

AMORES PERROS :kickass:

the bassist in one of my bands has "AMORES PEROS" tattooed on his arm, he knows it's misspelled now but :lol: poor dude

has anybody seen NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN???? FUCK I AM STOKED FOR THAT