Movies

THE CONFORMIST ... holy fuck ... EVERY FRAME of this movie has the most awesome cinematography EVER!

yeah this is very common all over Europe. don't mothers to be also get like very extended paid time off after birth? ... hence the fear from companies to hire.

"Maternity Leave"? For paid time off, it's down to the company, not geography. Leave of absence without pay is, however, regionalized just because it's law.

My wife got 6 months. My sister in the UK got 6 months. I know someone in Australia who got 12 months. It varies. Companies advertise it though -- look at Starbucks -- they see it as part of a benefits package to entice people to come work for them.

in parts of Eastern Europe, its the gov't that also pays for Maternity Leave not just the private co's ... in Hungary as much as 2 years!!!

i never forget it the last time I was there, the President made 3 kids with his wife when he announced this new gov't paid plan. however it backfired as co's were super afraid to hire any woman that did not have yet kids and was "the" age.

the population of Hungary has been around 10 million ... for about 15 years.

:lol:

Remember the guy in China who headed out their Food and Drug Admin? And how he let them export all that crap to us with coal in the petfood etc? They EXECUTED him.

Jap executioner: You Mr. Quansingdong J. Inyongassho, you have been found responsible for traces of lead in childrens pacifiers. Off with your head!
Chink Scumbag: I say I did not know about de lead!!!
Jap Executioner: Open your eyes when I speak to you!
Chink Scumbag: My eyes symbolize your heart.
Jap Executioner: My heart is as cold as the sword which will bring your comeuppance, this is truer than words spoken by Confucius.
Chink Scumbag: Go on...
Jap Executioner: Well as I was saying...Where did he go?!?!?!

20japan.xlarge1.jpg

fucking Jerry ... :lol:

so I have a firend that just came back from China with his wife ... Ali, you know the dude ... and he is actually moving there, smitten and all with the new direction of the country.

things being said in China are how come nobody else in the world complains about their exports besides the US? ...

Hot Fuzz was awesome ...

So I just got an email from a friend claiming that No Country for Old Men was a masterpiece ... and this is a friend that never emails me about going to the movies.

so I have a firend that just came back from China with his wife ... Ali, you know the dude ... and he is actually moving there, smitten and all with the new direction of the country.

Where in China did he go and where is he moving to? I'm going to Beijing next month for 12 days and I've read nothing but how the country is getting worse and worse for foreigners, especially Americans. So many scams and so much violence targeted towards us it's crazy. I hate big cities and I'm basically only going now because the city has been cleaned up a bit for the Olympics.

he's going to Shanghai ... his wife is Chinese and he is Indian, so he should be ok i guess. There is something I am not quite sure about of what exactly is going on in tha country. It seems like a gold rush at the moment.