Movies

what did you like about it so much? watched it last night and it didn't really click with me as amazing but not like I wasted 2 hrs watching it

the constant tension of it. and the fact that it didn't go all mushy when it had the opportunity to do so.
I was thinking about why the characters weren't so developed and I thought about our man Tully here who said at one time or another, that the common man will never know the "real reason" one becomes a soldier flirting with death daily (or something to the like)

well, I never thought the word "epic" would come to mind about a drama staring Clooney ... but UP IN THE AIR is the movie of 2009.

De Usynlige (Troubles Waters)

A Norwegian film, telling the story of Jan, a bloke that was locked up for the murder of a 4 year old boy, and the discovery of him by the boy's mother after his release back into the world.

Good film. In the end they all turn out to be giant mice.

"Once"

Not sure if its been discussed, but I loved it. The "theme" song, "Falling Slowly" gives me chills every time I hear it. Probably getting soft in my old age, but ohh well. Beautifully done movie.

I Stand Alone

A former butcher gets out of prison with almost nothing. REVENGE. While vainly provocative, flick answers a couple of questions and the script is very good. Must see!

"Once"

Not sure if its been discussed, but I loved it. The "theme" song, "Falling Slowly" gives me chills every time I hear it. Probably getting soft in my old age, but ohh well. Beautifully done movie.

That was a great movie; one of the better romantic themed movies i've seen in awhile. The ending was also very well done i thought.. There's a lot of good music from that soundtrack; falling slowly like you said, and also "when your minds made up"..i really liked the recording/beach scene, seemed very authentic/genuine

Really, really want to see that one - the only one of the three films that Jason Reitman has directed that I've seen was 'Thank You For Smoking', which I loved, and I've heard nothing but glowing praise for Up In The Air.

TYFS was ok, didn't see Juno as I hate that fucking chick (probably the only actor/actress that I ever really hated) but with UP IN THE AIR jr. Reitman surpassed pretty much everything that papa ever directed. (lets face it Meatballs, Ghostbusters, etc, while great party flicks were no masterpieces)

That was a great movie; one of the better romantic themed movies i've seen in awhile. The ending was also very well done i thought.. There's a lot of good music from that soundtrack; falling slowly like you said, and also "when your minds made up"..i really liked the recording/beach scene, seemed very authentic/genuine

Yes, "authentic" is an excellent word to describe that scene for sure. I really enjoyed the scene with Marketa walking home singing the lyrics she had written as well, simplistic but effective.

haha, the performance is probably the very reason I hate her :lol: she was too good in that.

then watching her later movies, I realized she was basically playing herself in Hard Candy :loco: