Movies

hahaha I can't *stand* Ellen Page.
I couldn't stand her the first time around when her name was Janeane Garafolo.

going to check out AVATAR tomorrow ... should i see it in IMAX 3D or the Real 3D that seems to be in every theater.
do you know if you get glasses at IMAX theaters as well?

IMAX... you obviously can't keep the glasses, but if it's a real IMAX screen (not that bullshit regal theaters passes off as "imax") the size of the screen alone is worth it.

Real 3d also suffers from what I think is an annoying drop in instead of pop out effect. I'd rather see the shit towards and around me than away from me.

It still looks cool, but screen size and the pop out make IMAX better for me.

cool ... I got IMAX tix for tomorrow ... 2nd date with my wife since zee daughter was born

Second date hahahahaha that sounds about right. Dude, start having more regular dates or the wife will start to hate life...and you will too because she'll drag you down with her.

Also, I tried watching *Hard Candy* the other night and it was ...well....unwatchable. Who was it that reco'd that? I'd scroll back up and look but that's way too much effort.

Eric: is that gif on your sig from a show called "Jersey Shore"? I saw a show by that name last night at random and the people in the clip look just like the people in that show. Further, someone needs to explain that sub-culture to me. I cannot wrap my brain around it. Is it basically Italian-American trash revelling in being...well, Italian-American trash? Is there a petition somewhere that I can sign that will allow the government to burn New Jersey to the ground?

I think I might have reco'd Hard Candy when I first saw it ... still do ... you should wait to the end if you didn't. So you can also hate Ellen Page.

and I hear you about the dates ... we try to do a lot of different stuff every week and she is pretty busy as well ... but to leave the baby too long especially late night is not a fave thing of hers YET.

holy titties AVATAR in IMAX 3D ruled ... Cameron has access to the worlds best drugs I am sure, because this shit was a visual mind fuck.
Story, you've seen it before ... but that is really not important here. If this had some complicated, original story that you had to follow AND pay attention to all the
insane details of the visuals you'd be screwed ten times over. The man is an innovator for sure.

you guys know me, I like a great original story ... but I went in to this really only looking to get my eye balls pop ... and that happened.

I haven't had my jaw drop like this since Cameron's very own liquid metal Terminator graced the screen.

Pure innovation.

holy titties AVATAR in IMAX 3D ruled ... Cameron has access to the worlds best drugs I am sure, because this shit was a visual mind fuck.
Story, you've seen it before ... but that is really not important here. If this had some complicated, original story that you had to follow AND pay attention to all the
insane details of the visuals you'd be screwed ten times over. The man is an innovator for sure.

Meh, not interested.

Remakes were oh so last decade. Hollywood, due to the success of Avatar, are going to be re-releasing films in 3D in a theater near you very shortly. LotR 3D will be the first one churned out. Oy Vey!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6982297.ece

I was actually thinking about this as I was watching the movie yesterday. How the wow factor of seeing Avatar would be better left alone to a "once in awhile" experience.

But of course Hollywood will want to make it a "standard" now taking away any magic something like this had.

And those 3D treatments of old movies ... will be bullshit.

But really all of you should see Avatar in the theater, it IS really a game changer of cinema and if that won't convince you then I also have to mention that the words "trees" and "forests" were used more in it than in the "my latest purchases" thread :loco:

Does anyone have any comments on "Public Enemies"? A friend said she heard a review that it was "horrible" and it made me start questioning my judgment. Although, knowing her, I think she was listening to a conservative radio talk show...which, of course, automatically nullifies anything the reviewer might have said about any topic whatsoever. Still, what if he was right?
I just don't see how Michael Mann can go wrong though...
*shrugs*