Movies

Zombie ruined Halloween. The originals were about a chilling sinking feeling. Not saying fuck 50 times in the first 10 minutes. I thought Devils Rejects was a giant pile of shit too. Im sure he will ruin the Blob as well. Recently Watched Whip It, which was excellent and watched District 9 again. So good. Watched Master And Commander again to day and Taken again today as well. Im snowed in here in Oklahoma. Both are great.

405px-RedDawnTeaserPoster.jpg

did anyone watch THE THIN RED LINE? worth it?
one of those DVD's I have since it was released but never seen ...

Recently viewed films

40 Days annd 40 Nights - Could very well be the worst movie I have ever viewed. I'm supposed to get behind a guy who is getting a new hot piece of ass every night and after a case of dick drip has sworn to abstain from sex in order to really connect with some homely hipster chick who has spread her legs more times than Moose has touched his PC screen in desperate longing for Mauryleen to resurface from Mike's Apartment?!? <gasp> Supporting cast was abysmal, Josh Harnett needs to be punched in the face. 1/10

When in Rome- Kristen Bell and Josh Dukakis provide a couple half hearted chuckles, but the supporting cast which includes Danny Devito & K. Bell's sleazy fiance Dax Shepherd make for one romantic comedy not even worth checking out for free via Netflix stream. 3/10

Tom Cruise Marathon- I've recently been on a Tom Cruise kick, watching Jerry MacGuire, Risky Business, and All the Right Moves. Jerry Macguire was devoid of laughs with Cruise's relationship with Zellwigger coming off as cold and unconvincing. No real build up for the two falling for each other. The little blond tyke also grated my nerves. 3/10 The highly exalted Risky Business was no better than Ferris Bueller's Day Off, same premise, equally as shitty. 2/10 Now AtRM on the other hand was quite the surprise. You have Coach Hayden Fox whipping a bunch of pimple popping teens in to scholarship worthy grid-iron titans, Caroline in the City's tittays, Cruise's gritty performance as a kid who wants more to life than working at a mill, and a well written plot which brisks along coherently. Good Stuff! 8/10

The Proposal- Meh, Sandra Bullock was looking good, that much I will say. 4/10

Somebody ripped ass in here!!! Arghhhhhh SUBMIT!

sounds like you were shacking up with some belle for a while. I see no other reason for that playlist.

I see no other reason for that playlist.

:lol:

True dat playa. Perhaps that's why this forum is so fucking dead, everybody has found themselves' girlfriends? :loco:

My buddy made a great point in terms of today's romantic comedies. The main protagonist is no longer the average day joe. Gone are the days of Bill Murray and Billy Crystal striving to capture a woman's heart. Now we have pretty boy faggoths like Josh Duhammel. Are we really to believe that this lad has trouble landing a girl?!?! Puhleeeeeze!

THE BOX ... didn't realize this was made by the director of Donnie Darko ... if you remember the trailer from a few months ago don't be fooled by it. it's a pretty high concept flick that will surprise you.

Has anybody seen Beer Wars (now streaming on Netshitz)? It's a doc that delves in to Anheiser's monopolistic treachery, as well as the flip side of the market, by heavily featuring upstart DogFish Head. Basically a David vs. Goliath story for the palette. Stay thirsty my friends! A friend gave it a thumbs up, wondering if anyone here endorses it.

Yes, I've seen the first half of it. It's pretty fucking interesting. And made me want to drink.

AVATAR = mindblowing visuals + thin characters + predictable Hollywood plot + blue monkey nipples

6/10

Has anybody seen Beer Wars (now streaming on Netshitz)? It's a doc that delves in to Anheiser's monopolistic treachery, as well as the flip side of the market, by heavily featuring upstart DogFish Head. Basically a David vs. Goliath story for the palette. Stay thirsty my friends! A friend gave it a thumbs up, wondering if anyone here endorses it.

I thought the move was shit.

Shutter Island was mostly perfect. Great acting from Leo and Ruffalo with a '50's vibe that was hella authentic. The music played a key role in setting up the the scenes that made my girlfriend CRY in the theater. Sooooo refreshing......but the ending was as said by the above poster.
I Am The Cheese rip-off though

FROM PARIS WITH LOVE ... if you liked TAKEN this will do the trick. Mindless ass kickery with Travolta as a really over the top badass, but it works for him.