Movies

Ahh Anti-Christ ... worth doing some searching for people's different interpretations of it. The layers are very deep.
Another fascinating movie.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL ... a very authentic 80's style horror flick. brilliantly done ... super slow buildup so be patient.

they are even selling it as a dvd/vhs bundle :loco: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/House-Devil-VHS-DVD-Bundle/dp/B003360JKY[/ame]

I miss the grit of VHS sometime ...

so THE HURT LOCKER as best picture ... hmm .. not sure about that one. Great flick no doubt, but don't see it as the cream of the crop.

and The White Ribbon NOT winning is blasphemy for foreign pic... did any of you see it yet????

Let the Right One In - Don't know if it's been discussed here and searching would do no good since you have to search with 4+ letter words. The Swedes are probably familiar with it, at least. It's actually a good (and somewhat cute) depiction of a vampire love story. And with a decent amount of gore.

Have at it; the following parts can be found in the related videos menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to see this for a while. I need to get Netflix going.

Finally watched the new Halloween II. I thought it was ok overall. As I believe someone said earlier, it was shot really well...had the atmosphere I desire in a horror flick.

I was really disappointed by that movie. After seeing Ti West's previous film The Roost, I had high hopes for House of the Devil. I can appreciate a slower paced movie, but this was ridiculous! I was bored out of my wits for the most part.

At least the last 15 minutes were pretty damn good.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL ... a very authentic 80's style horror flick. brilliantly done ... super slow buildup so be patient.

they are even selling it as a dvd/vhs bundle :loco: http://www.amazon.com/House-Devil-VHS-DVD-Bundle/dp/B003360JKY

I miss the grit of VHS sometime ...

låt den rätte komma in is okay, it was severely overhyped in sweden so expectations were too high

excellent cinematography. lovin' the "swedish concrete suburb" feel. it wasn't scary though, some folks say it's scary but it is not at all