Movies

Kick Ass - Don't let the trailer fool you, this is a top notch action flick. By far the best movie I have caught in theaters since Public Enemies last summer. It starts out with a heavy hand of comedy but soon slithers in to a full on action flick appropriate for the likes of Tony Jaa. Hit girl pushes the action along at a brisk pace, while Kick Ass deals with all the troubles of adolescence ala American Pie . Forget that Robert Downer dud and take in the true Comic based blockbuster of the season.

Kick Ass - Don't let the trailer fool you, this is a top notch action flick. By far the best movie I have caught in theaters since Public Enemies last summer. It starts out with a heavy hand of comedy but soon slithers in to a full on action flick appropriate for the likes of Tony Jaa. Hit girl pushes the action along at a brisk pace, while Kick Ass deals with all the troubles of adolescence ala American Pie . Forget that Robert Downer dud and take in the true Comic based blockbuster of the season.

Best theatre flick I've seen in a while.

well this was "different"

it delivers what the trailer promises

Last edited by a moderator:
THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS ... some really fuckign funny bits throughout, but overall pointless.

HOT TUB TIME MACHINE ... took me a few nights to sit through it and while not bad, its wasn't really funny and you've seen the story 10 times over in the Back to the Future movies.

I finally joined Netflix last night. As soon as I did, I ran back here and found the horror/disturbing flick recos (Martyrs, Mum and Dad, etc). Based on those and a few others, I loaded up the queue. I'm excited as hell.

I watched Frontiers streaming last night...good movie. Fun twist on the TCM family-like killers. I should have Martyrs in the mail tomorrow. Joy!

Still have to check out FRONTIERS ... curious of what you think of MARTYRS. It helps to watch it if you are in a shitty mood already :loco:

I also have INSIDE here for months, yet to see it.

I just watched WAITING ... based on your above recos.
it was aiiight ... seen this movie done better. it was so setup for major boobage and it delivered none.

I think part of my love for waiting comes from the fact that I expected to completely loathe it when, in reality, I found myself laughing quite a bit. I am a sucker for really juvenile humor at times.

I just finished Martyrs and I have to say I am completely disappointed. I felt it was terribly predictable and nowhere near as brutal as some were saying. I was wondering if it was just a matter of my expectations being too high based on comments from friends, etc, but I don't think that's the case. Had I known nothing about this movie, I would have found it to be average at best. Either I'm completely missing the point or I am more numb than I thought. :loco:

There was a twist? :loco:

The first half of the movie was insanely predictable. Once the two were apart, it became more interesting but, still, nothing that blew me away. I may have expected too much going in. Was it better than Saw 37? Without a doubt. Would I recommend it to someone? Possibly, as a decent horror flick.

While there's no real comparison, I had the same thing with Wedding Crashers. People raved on and on about it. When I finally saw it, I was horribly let down. Not a bad movie, but didn't live up to the hype.

I don't think you can just separate the movie into two halves, I think it's just one overall little story there. I thought that the beginning was pretty lame, a hostel basically, but until they introduced the real focus of the film, I thought it fit greatly.