Movies

That's pretty much the whole basis for the movie. I give it a B- overall. Fairly unique concept, but major points deducted for not sucking me in emotionally. I felt no investment towards the crescendo of the film and really just wanted it to wrap up by the 6th time out of umpteenth cubed they showed the van slow framing over the bridge (not really a spoiler). Convolution without complexity. Side note - Anybody else see the striking resemblance Joseph Gordon-Levitt has to Heath Ledger? Hmm, wouldn't be a terrible idea to cast him as the Joker in a shortened role in the forthcoming Batman installment. A cameo from Arkham perhaps?

hahahaha I really want to go to a movie with Jerry that "sucks him in emotionally". I'd even pay for his ticket.

Joseph-Gordon Levitt looking like Heath Ledger: yes. I thought it was him at first during the previews.

I saw *Cyrus* the other day. It was really the only adult movie showing. Everything else was for kids or retards. It had some funny bits but overall quite depressing considering my current marital situation. Although, not toot my own horn or anything, but I'm in a slightly different league than John C. Reilly, who amusingly refers to himself as Shrek in the movie. Yet still, even dorian gray can be excused for imagining a disparate, depressing world of divorcitude. I mean, what if there's no one left available except childless 25 year olds? I'd probably just steal some other dude's wife.

lol @ the last few posts.

but yeah childless 25 year olds ... you would think that would be one of the few things to look forward to after a divorce.

anyway, Nolan ... so far my favorite film of his is The Prestige, but I am with Jerry ... NONE of his flicks pull you in emotionally. I also thought that The Dark Night, while good, was highly overrated.

Inception is good, but way overhyped. Memento is still his best and most emotionally involving. Dark Knight suffered from a poor third act and Insomnia is still way underrated.

anyway, Nolan ... so far my favorite film of his is The Prestige, but I am with Jerry ... NONE of his flicks pull you in emotionally. I also thought that The Dark Night, while good, was highly overrated.

Stifle your blasphemy or I'll send Krig, Toad, and Snort to pull a Scarecrow and Co. on your 6ft 11 rear. TDK has the personal accolades of being the only movie I have seen at midnight on opening day, twice in theaters, and in legit IMAX, (not the phony larger than Starr Jones' apron backdrop that they try to pass off as IMAX). The atmosphere Nolan creates is without peer in the comic movie realm. It makes everything Marvel churns out look like bulimia. The only thing in it's league is The Watchmen.

The problem with Inception is that it was too concentrated in selling a concept, than telling a story. Cobb is forlorn over his wife's death, yet their love came off as sterile and unconvincing. Hollywood needs to lay off the lovey dovey crap with films outside the romantic genre, they're just weighed down by the time devoted towards these sub plots. Shutter Island suffered a similar fate. Potentially great movies falling short of the mark because Actor A can not convince popcorn eater XL that dame B had his heart, then broke it by being a raving lune. Maybe DiCaprio is unable to convey this, yo no se? Even Blood Diamond, which has to be the best movie I've seen all year (a couple yrs late), was knocked down a peg over a tenuous love story that would only be probable in Fagwood. In a perfect cinematic world, Inception would have ended with a pyonggang on the Juno chick, 3 inputs, 3 dreams, 50 yrs of fucking in under 10 secs.

In other news, this looks really dandy!

Last edited by a moderator:
may I recommend you watch LOUIE on FX ... just started and it's only 4 episodes in; they're online too.

it's a Seinfeldish show about Louis C.K.'s personal life ... he just got divorced and has 2 kids as well ...

really bitter but funny as hell look at his world :loco:

If so, I wouldn't mind watching a show about Louie. He's hilarious. I'm bummed to hear he's divorced though. And with two kids. Fuck. That's the main reason I don't think I can go through with this...the thought of *not* waking up every day in the same place my kids are waking up. It's funny: when I learned that Louis was married with two kids I thought, "hey, thats cool. If *this* clown can do this, then so can *I*" hahahahahaha and now he's divorced.