Movies

I don't think you can just separate the movie into two halves, I think it's just one overall little story there. I thought that the beginning was pretty lame, a hostel basically, but until they introduced the real focus of the film, I thought it fit greatly.

Of course it's a single story, I'm just saying that there was nothing "interesting" until the one girl died and the other started to explore. I say "interesting" because, again, I was under the impression that this was an extremely disturbing movie. Nothing about that first part was remotely disturbing. It wasn't bad as far as these movies go, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Overall it was a decent movie. My huge disappointment was a result of the predictability and that there was nothing that came close to making me feel uncomfortable.

Re: Martyrs ... up until the mid part when the girl in the basement is found and the whole thing switches gears and meanings I was kind of yawning too. but the second half was pretty awesome in its high concept and more than made up for the beginning chaotic slaughter.
there was an overwhelming feeling of dread throughout the flick ... and the ending made total sense and was appropriate.
I didn't go into the film expecting to be blown away but I was. it stayed with me for days for some reason.

finally got around to check out INSIDE ... gory but I thought it was going to be more disturbing. it did have an old school low budget vibe to it which was kind of cool.

finally got around to check out INSIDE ... gory but I thought it was going to be more disturbing. it did have an old school low budget vibe to it which was kind of cool.

Yeah, that about sums it up. I did cringe a little when she went into the belly. Also, the scene where she falls asleep on the couch and the background doesn't seem to change but the crazy lady appears was great.

Believe it or not, but it wasn't.
Ok, it was about fucking and killing but there weren't any white trash. Had a multitude of Nazi zombies though.
Overall it was just pretty wierd. Entertaining. Paul Giamatti did the voice for Dr. Satan and he was pretty hilarious.

Speaking of recent voice acting, Bruce Campbell played the mayor in *Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs*. Pretty fun movie.

I saw Pandorum a week ago, and I thought it was pretty ace. A quite good horror/science fiction film. I love the whole evolution aspect of it.

A new Scream flick? Cool. I liked those movies. Brings back memories. Didn't the first one come out on '95 or so?

Pandorum is on StarzOnDemand. I've been thinking about watching it. Now I will.

Watched Pandorum this afternoon. Really cool movie. Scary.
It cracks me up how female survivors are always hot. What a strange coincidence ;p

Yeah, it took me a bit to get the whole Pandorum aspect with the captain, but there are tons of themes in that movie that made it really ace. Why can't more movies be like that? I also didn't feel like the ending was much of a twist, and I actually enjoyed the happy ending (for once).

hahshaha ... COP OUT was funny as shit. I don't know what to make of Tracy Morgan but he fucking kills me.

and the Harold Faltermeyer score was ace.

who's going to check out INCEPTION this weekend?
I need an unbiased real person review ... but otherwise this looks like some serious winner.

just watched FOLLOWING, Nolan's first movie.
It was pretty cool and worth a watch if you like noir and indies.
nice double twist at the end as well.