Movies

watched the first 50 minutes of A SERBIAN FILM last night and so far its pretty tame. He's already "filming" and there were some weirdo moments but i expect it to pick up in brutality big time.

it's actually a really well made flick so far ...

Tame? What fucking movie were you watching lurch? Is it usual around your household to watch baby-fucking?

And yes, it is very well done....but stop making me look like the biggest pussy by reacting so differently.

Tame? What fucking movie were you watching lurch? Is it usual around your household to watch baby-fucking?

And yes, it is very well done....but stop making me look like the biggest pussy by reacting so differently.

hahah ... i didn't get to that part yet. like I said I was only 50 minutes into it.

and so far the mood of despair in Martyrs totally rules over this flick which has a slightly comedic feel with the cookie cutter sinister bad guy director casting.

and so far the mood of despair in Martyrs totally rules over this flick which has a slightly comedic feel with the cookie cutter sinister bad guy director casting.

it does...but I don't see them matching up at all. MARTYRS is an actual movie.

Keep in mind when you finish A SERBIAN FILM that it's apparently a metaphor for the treatment of the Serbian people by their government. I'm serious.

Keep in mind when you finish A SERBIAN FILM that it's apparently a metaphor for the treatment of the Serbian people by their government. I'm serious.

yeah, i read that already going into it. i suppose they can claim that in some way, but I call BS on the way it was put forward.

btw, the main character looks like a mix of Kevin Bacon and the bar owner from True Blood.

don't even know if I want to watch the second half now. probably because I read so much about the movie already (most likely to desensitize myself)
is there some sort of twist/wackiness waiting for me at the end that will make it all worth it?

Inception is good, but way overhyped. Memento is still his best and most emotionally involving. Dark Knight suffered from a poor third act and Insomnia is still way underrated.

I just finished Memento last night, verdict = hogwash. Emotionally involving? It's pretty safe to say that Nolan does not know how to convey, nor invoke emotion. If this film was told in the linear where would lie the appeal?

THE GHOST WRITER ... Polanski with a real cool, moody (visually) old school kind of flick that was moving along nicely and was promising some twists and complications but in the end killed it with its simplicity.

great Sunday afternoon watch regardless ...

Saw Hot Tub Time Machine last night. A few laughs but not worth the time downloading it.

Despite the cgi used for blood splatter and the building implosion being pretty bad, The Expendables is worth the price of admission. Dolph ftw! I demand Jean Claude & Snipes for the sequel!

watched the first Rambo again last night..such an amazing movie! I think its totally underrated because of the cheesy-action sequels that follow

watched the first Rambo again last night..such an amazing movie! I think its totally underrated because of the cheesy-action sequels that follow
This is true for lots of the classics! Terminator, Alien, Rambo, Conan etc. Even where the sequels are good, they have a completely different feel, mostly generic 80s action instead of a creepy scary watch out for the bad guys and sneak around thing.