Movies

Terminator 2 > Terminator
Aliens > Alien

Indeed.

Finally watched Let The Right One In and enjoyed it quite a bit. There was a preview for Splinter...seemed to be a fairly standard trapped-by-a-monster-type flick but piqued my interest. Has anyone seen it?

edit: also, has anyone seen Special w/ Michael Rapaport? The preview for that looked decent, too.

I have never been so jazzed for a remake as I was for that of the Wolfman. That movie scared the crap out of me when I was a kind and left and indelible claw print on my psyche. When I heard Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins were in it, I was psyched. When I heard Rick Baker was handling the creature effects, I thought it was a can't miss. I finally saw it and was bitterly disappointed. The odd part is, they nailed the difficult elements. The creature effects were flawless and the cinematography was stunning. However, the story was complete shit. Why they felt the need to change it, I'll never know. But they completely ruined the movie.

LOL
INDEED

I actually had to get up and leave about 2/3 of the way in. The wife asked what was wrong. "Oh. Uh. It's just boring."

Watched The Road last night. Well, I watched the first hour before I bailed. Hands down, one of the worst movies ever made. A horribly depressing story, about uninteresting characters, absent compelling acting, dialog or action. It just dragged on, it all of it's gray unglory, until I walked out.

Watched The Road last night. Well, I watched the first hour before I bailed. Hands down, one of the worst movies ever made. A horribly depressing story, about uninteresting characters, absent compelling acting, dialog or action. It just dragged on, it all of it's gray unglory, until I walked out.

I really want to see it. I literally finished the book (Pulitzer Prize winner) two days ago and found it a great read. Yes, the book is depressing and true, there is no real plot other than man and boy wandering the post apocalyptic wastelands scavenging and meeting random people, but i'm sure it's more realistic than say Bartertown run by Tina Turner and Master Blaster.

So yeah, if you're looking for Mad Max or Book of Eli, dont bother.

I really want to see it. I literally finished the book (Pulitzer Prize winner) two days ago and found it a great read. Yes, the book is depressing and true, there is no real plot other than man and boy wandering the post apocalyptic wastelands scavenging and meeting random people, but i'm sure it's more realistic than say Bartertown run by Tina Turner and Master Blaster.
My wife also loved the book; said she couldn't put it down. But she was not at all impressed by the movie.

So yeah, if you're looking for Mad Max or Book of Eli, dont bother.
I wasn't looking for anything. Didn't really know anything about the story heading in. I'm OK with a depressing movie, but it has to have a compelling story. This was depressing seemingly for the sake of being depressing.

Different strokes for different folks. I thoroughly enjoyed the Road and found the lack of a plot to be refreshing. I'm so sick of all this convoluted nonsensical drivel Hollywood churns out, give me something simple.

i thought The Road was fantastic as well (didn't read the book) ... watched a copy that was really shitty quality too, equivalent of a worn out VHS copy which just added to the mood of it.