Movies

I saw that on the plane earlier this year, it was better than expected! Kept me guessing for long enough. I just can't take Leonardo seriously, no matter the role. Inception included.

I used to hate Leoondardo DiCaprio, but then I realised he is an incredibly good actor and now prbably one of my favourites. I think it was Blood Diamond that made me realise I like him. And The Departed. Titanic, though, is still a piece of shit.

Just finished The Collector. Guy breaks into a house to find he's stumbled into something a little on the fucked up side. Not a bad movie. A few boobie shots, a couple decent bouts of ultra-violence, and you have the gist. It was a quick hour and a half...felt like half that time.

Just got through Interview with a Vampire, twas a grand juxtaposition to Ace Ventura which preceded it. Some real shining moments with Kirsten Dunst, funny as I never took her as being anything more than Mary Jane. The scene where she asked Lestat for forgiveness, then offers him a "gift, was cinema at it's finest. I only wish they would have done without the final minute, as it exuded cheese and dampened the sincerity of it all.

Interview with a Vampire

I was thinking about renting that. I've been trying to watch movies on the cheap so I've been getting old favorites for 99 yen at a local rental place. But I've been running out of favorites and been trying to remember things I enjoyed years ago or ones that I've always meant to watch but never got around to. I wasn't sure if Interview stood the test of time though. Guess I'll give it a shot. And Galaxy Quest if they have it. :loco:

I'm kinda interested in Sublime now

but I must say that guy reading the review sounds so much like hes phoning it in that it saps any will I had to follow whatever the fuck hes rambling about

Just got through Interview with a Vampire, twas a grand juxtaposition to Ace Ventura which preceded it. Some real shining moments with Kirsten Dunst, funny as I never took her as being anything more than Mary Jane. The scene where she asked Lestat for forgiveness, then offers him a "gift, was cinema at it's finest. I only wish they would have done without the final minute, as it exuded cheese and dampened the sincerity of it all.

This same weekend I watched Heat for the first time in about 10 years. I had completely forgotten how well woven Michael Mann had directed this film. The cinematography and score coalesce better than an internet frat house fantasy of a Ukranian amateur photographer sitting on a park bench in late October. You simply can not find shoot outs this well orchestrated outside of perhaps the Bourne trilogy. If one can, please point me to the general vicinity of said film. However, as good as this nearly 3 hour opus may be, I can only feel disappointment with the way the film drew to a close. Less is usually more, and no more truer can that statement be than in Heat. If the curtain had fell when DeNiro returned to the vehicle, absconding from his love to abide by his code of freedom, it would have had a more profound effect than a long drawn out chase through a conveniently located airport tarmac. So just as in the case of Interview with a Vampire a grade A film is taken down a notch by an over the top Hollywood finale. If anything Pacino should have been the one to be iced for foolishly grabbing a shotty as a primary weapon in a foot chase, wtf?!? [/EndRant]

::Segue in to community discussion over other films who continued to "bang after blowing their wad".::

saw the expendables yesterday. there was more depth to the characters than i would have thought. great action scenes. dolph lundgren is still the man. if you're a dude and dont enjoy the expendables, hand in your man badge and go grab a skirt so you can go sashay up and down the mall.

Heat and Miami Vice benefit tremendously also from just amazing soundtracks.
I LOVE Michael Mann's choice of music.

Still haven't seen Public Enemies ...

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ALICE CREED ... a UK flick that got really good reviews recently.

3 characters in the entire thing, a very fast and cool Guy Richie like beginning then it starts slowing down but still tense.

very well made with some weird twists, but the ending let me down somehow, even though most reviewers said there is a great payoff at the end ... i didn't see it.

oh yeah ... and boobs!

Heat and Miami Vice benefit tremendously also from just amazing soundtracks.
I LOVE Michael Mann's choice of music.

Still haven't seen Public Enemies ...

His choice of female leads and support have always been atrocious. Except for Last of the Mohicans - they were both cuties. The chicks in Heat...woof!