Movies

His choice of female leads and support have always been atrocious. Except for Last of the Mohicans - they were both cuties. The chicks in Heat...woof!

oddly, i have never been able to sit through Last of the Mohicans. I have to do it one day as I bought the DVD :loco:

did you guys see one of the first Mann flicks, THIEF? ... that's awesome.

His choice of female leads and support have always been atrocious. Except for Last of the Mohicans - they were both cuties. The chicks in Heat...woof!

i see this as something that brings more realism to a movie. unlike say fast and the furious where every girl around (even DEA agents, WTF?) are goddesses.

ashley judd looked great in Heat

Yeah, I thought of Ashley briefly as I wrote that but....she's a pretty minor character no?
I like your realism point. There's something of a double standard in movies. In a typical movie (like Fast and the the Furious as you mentioned), even the ugliest dudes would be hooked up with hotties. Al Pacino might have been good looking back in 1846 or whenever but he's a beast in Heat. Although, Colin Farrel is a pretty hot guy and his chick in Miami Vice was...uhh...not all that hot.
That's just...like...my opinion, dude.
Either way, I agree with you. A super-hot female lead would just detract from the realism. It would make his movies seem more like just another Hollywood production...as opposed to the total badassery that they are.

oddly, i have never been able to sit through Last of the Mohicans. I have to do it one day as I bought the DVD :loco:

did you guys see one of the first Mann flicks, THIEF? ... that's awesome.

Mohican slays.
I've seen Thief.

miami vice wasnt all that. it looked good, and farrell and fox were awesome. but the whole thing with the aryan brotherhood was lame.

collateral was GREAT! Mohicans is awesome!

oh yeah, Miami Vice was all about mood ... everything was perfect as far as that's concerned.
some great scenes throughout and farrell and fox were indeed awesome

this ruled big time ... HARRY BROWN ... for all of you complaining of no real guy movies out there
the trailer doesn't do the mood of this film justice ... it's like a British Grand Torino.

Last edited by a moderator:
this ruled big time ... HARRY BROWN ... for all of you complaining of no real guy movies out there
the trailer doesn't do the mood of this film justice ... it's like a British Grand Torino.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2S3SraFmI0

that movie was awesome, watched that last week

has anyone seen Machete? Just got here on post last night and omg I waited 11 months in this country for one good movie and it finally came! Thought it was b-movie perfection! exactly what I needed

I paid for Machete , which i enjoyed, then snuck into Resident Evil Afterlife
3d and found some glasses and it just started. I thought it was the best since the first, which stillis lame but it was an improvment, if you played the games you will enjoy Wesker. Anyway i liked both of them. Gonna go see the Town and Devil this weekend.

Just watched The Book of Eli. For anyone that's played Fallout 3, the film seems to borrow its ideas of post-apocalyptica. The 'subtle' biblical references are pretty lame at times, and disappointing that that chick from That 70s Show (not the ranga the other one) doesn't get naked and make love to the camera.

Tango & Cash - Surprisingly entertaining, but I'm a Sly mark, so that's to be expected.

Top Gun - Unwatchable, turned that shit after the 20 minute opening scene of Cougar, Maverick, and Guile, playing aerial grab ass with some Hajeeb. This is supposed to be the top one percentile of air force pilots, the creme de la creme? That stupid shit Cougar was clamming up like Maria Ozawa after a 13 man creampie. "I'm coming Cougar, hang in there buddy." Wtf is this shit, Bionic Commando?

The Town - I give it an A-, for the simple fact that the final showdown was a little too "Hollywood". The opening scene was picture perfect. Less is always more. A poor man's Heat, and I mean that in the most complimentary fashion.

Good Will Hunting - My second viewing of this film, Affleck's finest, Damon's finest sans the Bourne Series. Affleck lifted a lot from Damon's character for his own in The Town, derivation isn't always bad. Robin Williams plays a mighty fine part. "There's a heaven for a G, rest easy niggas"

Going to catch Easy A tonight, basically it's a 113 degrees in downtown L.A and this apartment doesn't have A/C. Its been getting decent reviews, so I hope I can walk away with a couple chuckles.

Nah, this is a strict rottentomatoes choice. I pretty much select every movie we watch.

Other options were Wall Street, Douglas looks like he got "the screws put to him" in the pen. The original while good, really plodded along. Shia LePouf? No thanks. Then there's that ZuckleJew movie about Facebook, which not even a 1000% rating could lure me in being an attendee. Facebook killed this forum, I shant fork a shilling in it's name.

So Easy A was pretty solid. It took awhile for it to get it's legs, as the majority of jokes in the first 30 minute fell flat. At one point I thought I made a horrible choice and was gearing to sit through another hour of a flick geared to teeny bopping bieberettes, but once the bint stages her first pseudo romp many chuckles are conceived from unprotected hilarity. The humor is fairly clever, they don't go to the low brow well too often. See if it you want to go to the theater and have already seen The Town.