Movies

**SPOILER CTD**

RiA: I dunno, I thought it was kinda nice to see it end like that, especially in this "gotcha!"/punkd culture. I actually found myself feeling sorry for the bitch there at the end. I'm sure she loves it that all of this was made into a movie.

I watched The Burning, Dead Girl and Stan Helsing yesterday. The Burning was awesome...I loved it. I think it was from 1981 and the cast included a young Jason Alexander. Typical story: kids at a summer camp, camp worker that had been wronged seeking revenge. It was so damn good. It just had that feel that the old movies had. The cheese factor, never really showing too much, etc. Man...

Stan Helsing was one of those spoof movies but, surprisingly, I made it all the way through. There were a few good, juvenile laughs and a couple hot chicks. Yay. I'd not necessarily reco this moving, but I thought it was ok.

Dead Girl was also ok. Not great, but interesting take on an old story line (sort of...don't want to say much else for fear of giving it away).

Wall Street takes place in 2008 but one of the characters drives a 2011 Prius. That bothered me.

still have to watch that ... do have the new Piranha flick which looks decent. will check it tonight and report back.

Blade Runner - Extremely average for the adulation it receives. The themes were good, but they were barely touched on. Daryl Hannah is bestial by the way, when she first appears in the alley outside of Sebastian's I had to double take as I didn't think they had trannies back in '82.

Blade Runner - Extremely average for the adulation it receives. The themes were good, but they were barely touched on. Daryl Hannah is bestial by the way, when she first appears in the alley outside of Sebastian's I had to double take as I didn't think they had trannies back in '82.

except for the fact that it took me like 10 viewings to sit through it all ... it's one of the few movies that still stays with me after decades.
the mood it creates is unmatched.

did you watch it with the Ford narration or without?
without is a much better film, much more immersive.

With the narration, apparently Ford was against narrating the film and did it under duress. Either way, it was extremely run of the mill.

Tonight, I caught Shawkshank for about the half dozenth time. Though, it may have been the only time I watched the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes, because I can't recall either of those scenes. Easily in the top 10 films I've ever seen.

except for the fact that it took me like 10 viewings to sit through it all ... it's one of the few movies that still stays with me after decades.
the mood it creates is unmatched.

Goddamn, you too? I tried and tried to stay awake through that film so many times as a teen and not until I came back to it with a bit (not much) more maturity could I make it!!

Last time I saw it I was on psychedelics and it was just flat out amazing. Seems like it was tailor-made for that type of experience. What a beautiful film.

hahah yeah. first 20 minutes into it and I was snoring.

it and 2001 A Space Odyssey should be prescribed for insomniacs.