Movies

Up in the Air

Horribly depressing. Avoid at all costs.

watching it again on HBO right now ... this movie is at the same time one of the greatest ever and a super downer.

this bitch deserves a grande beating ... i mean she went to his sister's wedding with him and all ...

also, does Clooney wear the same suit/outfit in EVERY movie?

Seems pretty dumb to me. I mean, social networks were not new by the time Mark Zuckerberg made Facebook. What can be SO interesting and dramatic about the creation of Facebook? Sure, he probably pissed some people off along the way, but who really cares? That's business.

I'd rather see a movie about Myspace Tom :loco:

watching it again on HBO right now ... this movie is at the same time one of the greatest ever and a super downer.

this bitch deserves a grande beating ... i mean she went to his sister's wedding with him and all ...

also, does Clooney wear the same suit/outfit in EVERY movie?

lol yeah, literally. You know he was pissed when he didn't get to wear the suit in Men Who Stare at Goats.

Also, hey man, lighten up on the chick. She couldn't help falling for him; these things happen, you know :loco:

Caught a couple of interesting oldies the other night:

The end of the BBC 1948 version of Anna Karenina. Only a few minutes but I could tell it would have been worth a full view.

Caesar & Cleopatra with Vivien Leigh etc. Awesome. Funny, good acting, probably a massive budget for its time, etc.

*Spoiler*The biggest load of crap in the history of cinema! This trailer leads you to believe that this emo faggotry segues in to some thriller of Hitchcock proportions, hipsters being slaughtered in the name of cyberlove gone astray. "The last 40 minutes is some of the most intense cinema you'll ever see." It appears that the big shocker at the end is not some hot bint flaunting her womanly wares before the lonesome and the depraved, but some hermitic painter who has made up an entire cyber family who she places in the the void in which 50 cats are unable to fill. The pencil neck protagonist, rather than pulling a pastoral pyonggang on this brush wielding old bint, gayishly sits down on a stool before her to voluntarily be the subject of her new painting. Uhhh what the FUCK!!!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
MONSTERS ... what I thought DISTRICT 9 should have been.

great, atmospheric post apocalyptic road flick. what makes it even more amazing as it certainly doesn't look it at all, is that it was made for $15K with a crew of 3 and cast of 2 with all others being locals in Central America.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/

90% of you will hate this ... :loco:

Watched Jacob's Ladder the other night because I couldn't sleep. It wasn't scary, but it was unsettling at parts. Enjoyable and depressing at the same time.

MONSTERS ... what I thought DISTRICT 9 should have been.

great, atmospheric post apocalyptic road flick. what makes it even more amazing as it certainly doesn't look it at all, is that it was made for $15K with a crew of 3 and cast of 2 with all others being locals in Central America.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/

90% of you will hate this ... :loco:

I watched this last night and thought it was a great flick. Definitely not action oriented but very good. District 9 was a pile o' crap and this movie craps all over it despite being different but the same yeah.

Also, Dog Soldiers is ACE!

But, but District 9 was awesome :(

It was like Lionel from Dead Alive went right from fighting zombies, to getting involved with aliens! :kickass: