Movies

Went to the movie store last night and blindly picked up a few horror DVDs. Most of them turn out sucky, but every now and then there's a good one. Case in point being OUTPOST. My husband picked it up because it said something about Nazis on it. I looked at it and thought it would be another cheap, badly made movie, but it was actually pretty damn good. Creepy underground bunker, asshole soldiers, Nazi ghosts, awesomeness. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892899/

"In a seedy bar in a town ravaged by war, mysterious businessman Hunt hires ex-marine D.C. to assemble a crack team of ex-soldiers to protect him on a dangerous journey into no-man's land. To this gang of hardened warriors, battle-worn veterans and borderline criminals killing is just a job - and one they enjoy. Their mission - to scope out an old military bunker. It should be easy - 48 hours at the most. Lots of cash for little risk, or so he says. Once at the outpost, the men make a horrific discovery that turns their mission on its head - the scene of a bloody and gruesome series of experiments, carried out by the Nazis on their own soldiers during WWII. Amid the carnage, they find something even more disturbing - someone who's still alive. As war rages above ground, and a mysterious enemy emerges from the darkness below, D.C. and his men find themselves trapped in a claustrophobic and terrifying scenario..."

the EXPENDABLES 2.
Awesome of course, and as a kicker, jean claude van damme and his badass evil gang has the bathory goat tattooed on their necks. Muscles from Brussels kickin it with the goat. How's that eh.

Actually I haven't finished it yet, fell asleep first time and ran out of batteries in the laptop second try and couldn't be arsed to find the ps but hey third time's a charm they say wot

Flight receives my highest of recommendations. Phenomenal acting by Denzel, a lengthy titty scene to start things off, light heartedness from Goodman, and the crux scene is absolutely gut wrenching. I actually felt emo when that plane was going down.

Best film I've seen this year.

yeah I heard from a lot of people (that didn't go in expecting an action flick) that FLIGHT is MOTY material ...

Moonrise Kingdom is really good. Adorable little brats that was more about the stupidity of adulthood than anything else methinks.

Hysteria is fucking awesome. Some dirty slutz in that, and fucking hilarious. Dildos are cool.

Oh yeah and I watched C.H.U.D. for the first time in 20 years. It fuckin' sucked.

It's so awful. I'm glad I watched it, but jebus christ. The C.H.U.D.s are quite creepy though, which is cool.

Next time you're hungover go for it. I still gave it 2 stars for what C.H.U.D. REALLY stands for (ssshhhh spoiler I won't tell!!!).

Wes Anderson sucks SSSOOO MUCH. If I have to sit through one more of his trifling films....

Wes Anderson sucks SSSOOO MUCH. If I have to sit through one more of his trifling films....
I can actually picture you bitching about all his films, but making sure to watch them anyhow. :loco:

C.H.U.D. is definitely worth watching, but I say that about any bad horror movies. I think the only bad horror movie I wouldn't bother with a second time is Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Eh, nevermind, I'd watch that a second time, fuckit.

I watched Kung Fu Hustle last night. One of the best experiences I've had in quite some time.

How is it dumb? Really enjoyed that film.

I really enjoyed it as well ... it was visually very interesting ... and the story was easier to swallow than other WA ones ...

but I enjoy Woody Woodpecker too ...