Movies

Toxic Avenger? John Travolta?..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................no.

I watched Brazil the other day. Nothing quite alters my mood like that movie. I say it's Gilliam's best, but if I watched it any more often than once per decade, I'd probably just off meself. Majestically painful movie. Utter cinematic perfection.

I watched The Artist recently. I enjoyed it, it was nice. To say it was a masterpiece that deserved a bunch of awards is fucking stupid. So I'm not going to say that.

I watched Princess Mononoke a few weeks ago. Probably the finest Miyazaki film for my tastes. I love this movie, but I've only watched the dubbed version, because I am fucking stupid.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I love the director, so I watched this. It was okay. It was also lamer than shit, but still okay.

I watched the new Spiderman movie. The only thing worse than this was the first Spiderman movie that Sam Raimi did. Truly awful, fucking DIE.

Domino was fun and I'm glad I watched it. I will never see it a second time, but it gave me an erection.

The Total Recall remake was absolutely gorgeous! Otherwise insipid, valueless, and a waste of my god damn time.

I need to go back to watching art house movies. This mainstream crap is for the birds.

I watched Brazil the other day. Nothing quite alters my mood like that movie. I say it's Gilliam's best, but if I watched it any more often than once per decade, I'd probably just off meself. Majestically painful movie. Utter cinematic perfection.

i like 12 Monkeys way more. only watched Brazil once though.

seeing Django the other day put me in a mood to watch Inglourious Basterds tonight. also only seen Django once, and while quite enjoyable, its far inferior to the basterds i think.

Les Miserables... awesome.

I've seen the play three or four times and think it's absolutely brilliant. Had no desire to see the movie, but the wife insisted. They did a surprisingly good job adapting this to the screen.

#LetTheMockingCommence

I saw Django Unchained last night, thought it was great and up there with Pulp/Reservoir dogs, but not better..highly recommend it!

i like 12 Monkeys way more. only watched Brazil once though.
I definitely prefer 12 Monkeys, Time Bandits, Baron Munchausen, and of course Holy Grail (which might be my all time #1 favoUrite movie), but... I truly consider Brazil his magnum opus. It's just so fucked up and frighteningly correct, on many different levels. Mmmmmmagic.

The Snowtown Murders is currently streaming on Netshitz, best film I've seen in a moon's turn. Trailer is kind of sheet, just take me at my word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched Iron Sky on Netflix. Hmmm...well, it's an action/comedy about Nazis from the moon coming to earth to take over the planet. Can't say I really recommend it, but it did have some decent looking space stuff and brought some lol's. :loco:

Just watched Iron Sky on Netflix. Hmmm...well, it's an action/comedy about Nazis from the moon coming to earth to take over the planet. Can't say I really recommend it, but it did have some decent looking space stuff and brought some lol's. :loco:

I, on the other hand, really recommend it.
It's a movie about nazis returning from the moon to take over the planet. If only they had succeeded it would be my favourite movie.

So I watched the new Batman movie last night. I fucking hated The Dark Knight because it was god damn stupid in nearly every possible way. I liked the first of this trilogy though, that was fun. Anyhow HOLY BALLS I quite enjoyed this new one. That first airplane crash scene made the film for me, and it really kept up with itself through the entire film. I don't often watch 3 hour action flicks, and even less of those do I honestly enjoy, but man, they could have added another 45 minutes and I'd've been happy. Sweet.

I also watched Night of the Comet and Ted. Both were entertaining, although I don't think I'd bother a second time.

Blood Creek. Michael Fassbender plays a Nazi dabbling in the occult who traps a family in his experiment, tortures people, resurrects a dead horse (awesome scene), and other stuff. Pretty cool.

Whoa. I need to watch that and then Iron Sky in the same day. Then maybe finally I'll watch Schindler's List.