Movies

I saw Star Trek (2009) and was pleasantly surprised. I have always ignored the old stuff and frowned upon people who mentioned Star Trek in the same breath as Star Wars. 7.5/10.

Argo (2012). Decent movie. Not much tension or action but watchable. 6.5/10

J. Edgar (2012?). Pretty good. Felt kind of long. 6.5/10.

I've always loved Star Trek and Star Wars equally, for very different reasons. I like the new Star Trek movies. Star Wars is useless to me past 1983.

I watched Iron Sky and it was a lot better than I expected. Pretty damn funny, and also fun. Could have used more boobs, but had enough cleavage I suppose.

Yes! Koreans have made some great flicks like that, most are on Netflix too..I can put up a list if anyone is interested in that style

Pretty similar to The Chaser, the two vengeance are part of the trilogy with Oldboy. Thought this last was longer but I may be retarded.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Lady Vengeance
Mother
I Saw the Devil

Silmido
Tae Guk Gi
The Front Line
The Man from Nowhere
Poetry
The Yellow Sea

4 of these are Korean War/Military style movies, pretty good, Poetry is serious drama and I think all worth watching.

Lady Vengeance is fucking GOOD.

I watched Incubus recently and it blew me away.

Tonight shall be Blood Spattered Bride.

yeh ive only seen oldboy and lady vengeance from that list but they are both great

i like foreign movies because they are usually a bit 'off' the norm because of cultural differences and all that and i find that fascinating

on the other hand, subtitles are kind of distracting and annoying (fuckin reading while action is happening) so i dont watch a lot of them

Personally I didn't think Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was all that great.

I did like the first half of Thirst, A FUCKING LOT, but the second part blew.

Not well-versed on Korean cinema, but I am a fan of Chan-wook Park.

Just finished The Chaser, amazing flick, not a dull or asinine moment. No wonder why Kim Shlong Un's pissy, lad has an inferiority complex.

I wouldnt say it's as good as Oldboy, but definitely better than I Saw the Devil. (Which I thoroughly enjoyed.)

Edit - Just caught the trailer to "Poetry", holy frak did I find that depressing.

There's some other dramatic films that are good too..Secret Sunshine was good, A Moment to Remember(really good honestly)..not sure what you're into

I'm going to see that since the dude that did Phantasm did it (dun diddly), but I didn't even know it was a book until me ma bought a copy for me birfday, so I suppose I should read it first.

Looks like oodles of fun. Oodle upon oodle even.

Bout to embark on Django Unchained. (Django v. Jerry)

I have a heard time committing any time to a movie nevermind one that is nearly 3 hours long. This shit better be as good as it is hailed to be.