Movies

Man of Steel rocked pretty hard for a fun summer flick. I was very impressed, although the big battle got a little ridiculous. I mean yeah, even for a fun summer flick, they could have cut 20 minutes from that. Very solid either way, whatever.

Man of Steel rocked pretty hard for a fun summer flick. I was very impressed, although the big battle got a little ridiculous. I mean yeah, even for a fun summer flick, they could have cut 20 minutes from that. Very solid either way, whatever.

first freaking image/video that i see of Man Of Steel was Clark Kent with a beard

so i spent all freaking summer waiting for this to be on the bigscreen

totally disapointed to hear that it didn't happen :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
World War Z
Nothing like the awesome book. Instead, zombies run faster than Usain Bolt, run up walls, and tackle better than Ray Lewis. Pretty stupid, really. This movie will not prepare you for the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

Despicable Me 2
I enjoyed it. The kids loved it.

I am bumping this thread because Pacific Rim was very good. Solid film with just enough dumb bits that didn't take itself too seriously. I was pleasantly surprised, I expected it to suck.

Finally watched Black Swan the other night on absinthe. That was quite an experience, one of the better Aronofsky films. Padme Amidala was pretty astounding.

Did I mention Chicken with Plums in this thread? Absolutely amazing love story that was so beautiful it hurt. I think musicians in particular will get something grand out of this.

Stoker was quite good, by the same guy that did Oldboy. I still will always love that one the most (most likely), but this one was quite interesting. Visually stunning.

I hadn't seen The Witches since it was in the theatres, but that was quite a bit of fun still. Anjelica Huston rules.

Snow White and the Huntsman was far better than I expected. Even whatshertwat wasn't horrible. Visually amazing, the crow scene, like whoa man.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the absolutely worst movie I have ever seen. Bottom of the fucking barrel. Much worse than I expected, and everyone told me "Dude. Just no. Don't watch it." Fuck, literally, everything in that horrid piece of shit.

Perfect Sense was outstanding and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice intelligent post-apocalyptic movie. Likely won't stand the test of time with things like The Day The Earth Stood Still and Children of Men, but still, very god damn cool.

Paranormal Activity 1, 2, and 3 are really god damn good. I need to catch up with the rest, but I dig the hell out of these films. Nothing amazing, just solid fun.

Killing Them Softly had better ideas and acting than execution, but at the same time, it was glorious in its own way. Mob movie set during the financial meltdown of 2008. The ending speech is worth leading up to. SPOILER:
My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and fucked his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now fuckin' pay me.
Don't get me wrong, I love Jefferson, but big time :lol: at this.

Mad Monster Party was a bunch of fun, but I'd never watch it a second time. Francesca gave me a boner, not sure I've ever felt that way about a clay statue before.

Seven Psychopaths was better than In Bruges, but still fell apart into stupid at the end. I hope that dude can figure out how to end a film eventually, most things leading up to that point rule for those two films.

Sleepless pretty much blew. I used to think I loved Argento but I'm starting to learn it's really just Suspiria that I adore.

The Last Exorcism started okay, got good, ended awesome. For the closing scene I was practically headbanging because it turned so much fun.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was good but average all at once. Better concept than execution, but still very much worth watching. Better than The Conjuring, but many films are.

Well that covers the last month or so according to Netflix. My queue is down to 422 omfg.