Movies

So I was watching the movie "cottage country" (yes I was drunk) and I swore Nadrian was on the screen.

MV5BMTg5MDM5OTA3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUyNjE5OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

All you movie theater people should go watch Snowpiercer! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/ ; The Korean director is amazing as well, if you haven't seen Mother (netflix) or Memories of Murder I highly recommend all 3
You gotta be goddamn kidding me...
Snowpiercer is the WORST movie I've seen in years (beside latest Riddick). They started really cool yet managed to screw it closer to the middle and then just about everything went hella wrong. It's suuuch a failure. I was waiting to watch it for months getting all excited by the trailer, but the actual movie was like 'wat'. Cheap, tasteless, pathetic.
Don't watch it. Ever.

Anyone checked out "Under the Skin" yet? Johansson wankers must have had their happy moments

You gotta be goddamn kidding me...
Snowpiercer is the WORST movie I've seen in years (beside latest Riddick). They started really cool yet managed to screw it closer to the middle and then just about everything went hella wrong. It's suuuch a failure. I was waiting to watch it for months getting all excited by the trailer, but the actual movie was like 'wat'. Cheap, tasteless, pathetic.
Don't watch it. Ever.

Anyone checked out "Under the Skin" yet? Johansson wankers must have had their happy moments

Whatttttt

How did it go wrong in your eyes?

I'm telling you, it's kind of a movie that started really well but then they went into complete bs. It was too obvious that the budget isn't bottomless, yet some filmmakers manage to not show it but here you were wondering what kind of an idiot do they think you are, I almost left the theatre closer to end because it was such a nonsense. They made the trailer really neat and I was like "wow, judging by the scenes this one will rule".
The way they develope the story line, the way they end it is just unacceptable, since you just lose focus due to bunch of idiotic moments that they tried to stuff into one subject and in the end it's like a puke mess.. Comedy, drama, adventures, detective(?) - all together combined in a amateurous way so a lot of things are just outta place. The concept is really nice and giving the realisation to smart people you could make a great movie out of it, yet it never happened.

I wish I could say anything in reply to yours but it's not really specific. I thought it was an obvious take on a post apocalyptic world. Class system on a train in which the rich are dehumanized and the poor are sympathized. The train segments were awesome I thought, the action was awesome, the little truths were cool and the ending with the conductor I thought was awesome by Ed Harris. The ending I also thought was cool as it gave hope.

I'm curious though that you expected a Riddick movie to be good post Pitch Black and are upset with this one!

Have you seen the directors Korean films, namely Mother or Memories of Murder?

I wish I could say anything in reply to yours but it's not really specific. I thought it was an obvious take on a post apocalyptic world. Class system on a train in which the rich are dehumanized and the poor are sympathized. The train segments were awesome I thought, the action was awesome, the little truths were cool and the ending with the conductor I thought was awesome by Ed Harris. The ending I also thought was cool as it gave hope.

I'm curious though that you expected a Riddick movie to be good post Pitch Black and are upset with this one!

Surprisingly, Pitch Black wasn't as bad as latest Riddick, it wasn't great either, ofc, but not THAT bad. Also it's 13 years old, and I watched it long ago back when Ghost Ship was something fantasticly marvellous for me. Now it's all about Vin Diesel's homoerotic muscles and halfway finished "special effects" that cost cheaper than a hamburger at ukrainian's McDonalds. If to compare - Snowpiercer is of course a little bit better than Riddick, yet like I said - these two movies made me wanna leave the theatre before they were finished.

Ask her to name a good sci-fi movie from recent years, then trash it unceremoniously. It's the only way to go from here.

Wait, you didn't like Pitch Black?! That's one of the best Sci-fi movies in the last 15 years or so
I thought i said i did, or is that a sarcasm?

Nope, should i check it out?

Ask her to name a good sci-fi movie from recent years, then trash it unceremoniously. It's the only way to go from here.
Be my guest.
I actually liked:
Moon (2009)
Prometheus (2012) except for a few ridiculous moments
are those sci-fi?

"Surprisingly, Pitch Black wasn't as bad as latest Riddick, it wasn't great either' comes off as not liking. And yeah, those 2 films are amazing and entirely different from Snowpiercer. The reviews on IMDB will get you a chubby for Memories of Murder

I wouldn't call Pitch Black a masterpiece, yet thought it wasn't bad, that's it. It's somehow connected to "Firefly" series, isn't it? Or at least gives me asociations.
I'll look up for your movie.

a few weeks ago, we ditched comcast tv (except for one box with like 20 channels) and went with netflix. i rewired the house so all tvs could get it. the kids love because Super Why, Magic School Bus, and My Little Pony plays endlessly.

so far ive watched:

Star Trek into darkness - pretty damn good and i dont like star trek. (star wars>>>star trek)
American Psycho - not nearly as good as i remember it, and doesnt even touch the book
Lawless - eh. it was ok. predictable
The Grey - awesome! liam neeson once again delivers. the ambiguous ending is perfect.

we watched the first episode of always sunny in philly. hilarious.

All those movies are good. Lawless is kinda meh.
I just finished I'll Sleep When I'm Dead. I thought it was really good.