Movies

ill delve deeper into whats available. i want to see out of the furnace. i think thats what its called, with christian bale.

i am totally impressed with the grey. the flashbacks and character flaws worked perfectly. aspiring directors need to watch the ending to learn how to build suspense. aspiring actors just need to watch The Neeson

i watched the Red Dawn remake. what a putrid pile of cowplop. very little blood, and they shied away from any real violence other than the occasional explosion. its fucking war!

the original is one of the best 80s movies...ever...in the 80s

Red Dawn redux is considered one of the worst movies ever made. I tried watching it a few nights ago and couldn't even make it past the first 45 mins or so...and all of those were so I could get a look at Adrianne Palicki.

Dude these Hemsworth brothers are fucking hilarious. The one in Red Dawn - Chris, same guy who is in Thor - is just an unapologetically horrible actor. His brother is almost as bad but at least his movies are watchable (Empire State)

Right at Your Door starts out ok but then devolves into a borefest where the main dude just cries the whole time.

Jack Reacher

fun times. predictable, but fun. cruise is still fun to watch regardless of his off screen dumbassery

Hunger Games

whats the big shit with this crap? The Lottery meets Battle Royale with some Running Man thrown in. big whoop. and jennifer lawrence is not that hot. at all

Devil

produced by the sixth sense guy. this was pretty dumb with some creepy moments thrown in. Unbreakable is still the best thing ever

M. Night Shyamalan? I like him because he's the biggest flop ever in the history of filmmaking

Devil

produced by the sixth sense guy. this was pretty dumb with some creepy moments thrown in. Unbreakable is still the best thing ever

Worthwhile flick because it led to this hilarious review

The toast landed jelly-side down!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did something I don't often do over the weekend, I gave up on a movie for being so shitty. It was called Divergent, and even with the enhancements of alcohol, THC, and a nice little nap throughout the entire second half, it still sucked complete balls. The best part about it was when I woke up at 5am on the couch, finished the last few sips of my too-expensive-to-toss beer, and then didn't watch the hour long part that I missed.

I also watched some incredible stuff recently but I don't feel like being positive right now.

I finally just watched Snowpiercer. Two thumbs up. Next week it is showing at the filmbar here (movies and booze) so the lady and I are going to see it again in the theater setting

Goodbye World - unwatchable nonsense
Made me think of Lurch due to his undying love of Adrian Grenier

End of Watch
I really enjoyed this one. The two leads had good chemistry. Jake gyllenhall is actually a pretty good actor. the antagonists were silly mexicans saying ordalay and ese all the time.

End of Watch I really enjoyed this one. The two leads had good chemistry. Jake gyllenhall is actually a pretty good actor. the antagonists were silly mexicans saying ordalay and ese all the time.
I actually enjoyed this movie quite a bit as well. Very real feeling. Very intense.

First twenty minutes of that film were pretty cringeworthy, but it turns around after that.

Last movie I caught in theaters was "Dawn of the Flawed Genome." Pretty damn enjoyable throughout, but goes a little overboard in the Hollywood "blockbuster" sense towards the end.