Movies

You're Next - this is good. From the gang that brought us House of the Devil and The Innkeepers. Err...well, Ti West is in it anyway.....for about five minutes.

Yeah that one rules too..I think i've caught most of the good stuff from Korea. I tried watching New World(made last year) but didn't seem to be any good..I wonder if the age of good Korean cinema is over!

Caught this on netshitz yesterday. I recall watching the sub-par trailer in theaters and being on the fence over it. Despite the trailer showing nearly 95% of the movie, it does a complete disservice to the somber flow of the film. I was expecting to see Bale going in ala Rambo guns ablaze, thankfully I was surprised by the "less is more" approach. Two thumbs up!

Last edited by a moderator:
^I watched that yesterday. Good movie, indeed. I didn't quite catch if the girlfriend went back to him, as there was one line that made it sound like she might have. But, based on the final scene, I guess she didn't.

Agreed with Jerry's assessment of the trailer. No, the girlfriend does not return. Yes, while good, it is a very depressing movie.

There is nothing but absolute crap on Netflix. I just finished "watching" Without a Paddle.

TrollHunter.jpg

This was a lot a fun. One of those "found footage" movies. It's based in Norway, and is in Norwegian with subtitles. It features a lot of the Norway landscape. Beautiful country. Does it rain there a lot or something? Anyway, they pulled this off really well, as ludicrous as it might seem. Highly recommended. I'm sure I missed a lot of the more cultural references that a Scandinavian would understand, being American. Christianity played a part, as do old fairy tales. Apparently the main character is a Norwegian comedian, so that is lost on me. Watch it!