Movies

So I was watching the movie "cottage country" (yes I was drunk) and I swore Nadrian was on the screen.

MV5BMTg5MDM5OTA3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUyNjE5OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
hahaha I just caught this, although I vaguely remember reading that post drunk one night. His hair isn't gray enough to be me. I'll put it on my list, Netfux says I'd like it because of my interest in God Bless America, Kill Me Later, and John Dies at the End. I love those three films, so yes indeed, sounds like my kind of deal, yo.

There is nothing but absolute crap on Netflix.
Stop watching shit god dammit! That's like saying "there's no good music on CD." :loco:

I watched X2 yesterday. Definitely the best one of the entire series, although I do think Days of Future Past is pretty close in terms of awesome.

I also watched The Thing about 4 different times over this weekend. I'm turning it into a course of study at this point. What a glorious film.

I'm also in the midst of watching The Three Colors trilogy. I loved Blue and White, Red will come next, but I can only take so much of that level of French depression at once. I had to watch the ending to White multiple times before trying to decipher it, and in the end, it was the existential version of our little what the fuck to do with my life plz thread. Highly recommended if you're in an introspective mood.

Also I watched An American Werewolf in Paris for the first time since it was released in the theatre, on the night that a cute blonde bint tried to rape me and I said "no, I just want to be friends," which was a punishing reminder of why I never got laid in high school. On top of all that, the movie is pure shit. What an absolutely travesty, its name should be changed to This Sequel Fucking Sucks Even Worse Because It Was Unfairly Lumped Together With One Of The Finest Horror Films Ever, Thus Possibly Detracting From The Full Glory Of An American Werewolf In London (And That Is A Damn Shame) instead, because I'm into honestly, not brevity. Fun fact: flash forward 17 years later and she unfriended me on Facebutt just the other day. Coincidence?!

TrollHunter.jpg

This was a lot a fun. One of those "found footage" movies. It's based in Norway, and is in Norwegian with subtitles. It features a lot of the Norway landscape. Beautiful country. Does it rain there a lot or something? Anyway, they pulled this off really well, as ludicrous as it might seem. Highly recommended. I'm sure I missed a lot of the more cultural references that a Scandinavian would understand, being American. Christianity played a part, as do old fairy tales. Apparently the main character is a Norwegian comedian, so that is lost on me. Watch it!

Yes it does rain a lot there on the coast. One scene was shot at the entrance where my fiancee went to school. Quite a good/fun movie.

hahaha I just caught this, although I vaguely remember reading that post drunk one night. His hair isn't gray enough to be me. I'll put it on my list, Netfux says I'd like it because of my interest in God Bless America, Kill Me Later, and John Dies at the End. I love those three films, so yes indeed, sounds like my kind of deal, yo.

Stop watching shit god dammit! That's like saying "there's no good music on CD." :loco:

I watched X2 yesterday. Definitely the best one of the entire series, although I do think Days of Future Past is pretty close in terms of awesome.

I also watched The Thing about 4 different times over this weekend. I'm turning it into a course of study at this point. What a glorious film.

I'm also in the midst of watching The Three Colors trilogy. I loved Blue and White, Red will come next, but I can only take so much of that level of French depression at once. I had to watch the ending to White multiple times before trying to decipher it, and in the end, it was the existential version of our little what the fuck to do with my life plz thread. Highly recommended if you're in an introspective mood.

Also I watched An American Werewolf in Paris for the first time since it was released in the theatre, on the night that a cute blonde bint tried to rape me and I said "no, I just want to be friends," which was a punishing reminder of why I never got laid in high school. On top of all that, the movie is pure shit. What an absolutely travesty, its name should be changed to This Sequel Fucking Sucks Even Worse Because It Was Unfairly Lumped Together With One Of The Finest Horror Films Ever, Thus Possibly Detracting From The Full Glory Of An American Werewolf In London (And That Is A Damn Shame) instead, because I'm into honestly, not brevity. Fun fact: flash forward 17 years later and she unfriended me on Facebutt just the other day. Coincidence?!

3 colors is awesome, I haven't watched that in a few years, I got a huge boner for 80s/90s Binoche

3 colors is awesome, I haven't watched that in a few years, I got a huge boner for 80s/90s Binoche
I feel the same way about Julie Delpy. She was amazing in White, and the only thing worth seeing in that awful Werewolf sequel.

The Three Colors Trilogy is amazing. Blue and Red are masterpieces. Also check out Double Life of Veronique for more Kiezlowski goodness.

I feel the same way about Julie Delpy. She was amazing in White, and the only thing worth seeing in that awful Werewolf sequel.

I have seen all the Before Sunshine's/Sunset/Midnight and don't have the same thing, Binoche was just a legit hotty, ever caught Unbearable Lightness of Being?

The Three Colors Trilogy is amazing. Blue and Red are masterpieces. Also check out Double Life of Veronique for more Kiezlowski goodness.
Duly noted, added to the queue. I loved Blue but White truly spoke to me. I'll be watching Red tonight. I took a break from serious cinema for awhile, time to get back into such things... after Hallowe'en that is.

I have seen all the Before Sunshine's/Sunset/Midnight and don't have the same thing, Binoche was just a legit hotty, ever caught Unbearable Lightness of Being?
I haven't seen that yet, but my wife did, and afterwards she said "you should have watched that," so I've been meaning to!

I love Juliette Binoche as well, don't get me wrong. I just have a particular thing for Julie Delpy. Maybe because she was my favoUrite non-sexy portrayal of Lady Bathory?

I'll be seeing that soon. She is pretty damn hot. Blue/White/Red were all amazing, but White was my favoUrite.

So I watched all the newfangled Blu Ray'd Star Wars original trilogy. All three films remain extraordinary, all these years later. The extra crap is minor at worst, lame of course, but really not a big deal. Even the god damn "WEESA FREE!!!" Jar Jar Jedi at the very end, which should really rile up my purist nerd side, doesn't fucking matter. Fantastic films.

The Skeleton Twins - hilarious. I would watch anything with Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader. There's an especially amusing segment involving nitrous and a gay man discussing cunnilingus.

American Hustle - hilarious. Christian Bale is great as usual.

Just watched Oculus again. Seriously one of the best horror movies of all time for so many reasons. Also watched Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I think the main reason I dont really like it is that I was expecting more of a full on horror movie from the trailer but the movie was more fantasy/fairytale/horror/whatnot.