Movies

...or Under The Skin?

I tried watching this last week and was just so weird and over my head that I don't recommend it, personally.

Who here has seen The Grand Budapest Hotel yet? Another Wes Anderson goodie?

I saw it once but didn't think it was better than his other films. I've read some people say that it takes a bunch of viewings to love it and then some think its his best.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is fucking marvelous. I've only seen it once, but I would say it is one of the best things he's done, if not the absolute best.

Personally I have always adored The Life Aquatic above his other films. But I have a particular fondness to that one due to several personal parallels.

jodorowskys-dune-poster.jpg

The Sacrament isn't horror at all - it's a found footage retelling of the Jonestown Massacre.
Pretty good though

I know I ripped Silver Linings Playbook somewhere in these pages without even seeing it.
I finally watched it last night and it's fucking hilarious!! Definitely recommended. One of the best comedies I've seen in a loooong time

Any of you Yankees ever seen any of Hrafn Gunnlaugssons viking movies?

The first one from 1984 is the best. Solstafir have recently done some concerts where they play a specially composed set against a backdrop of the movie playing. They love the movie a lot and have samples from it on their first album.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087432/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The american title sucks, the literal translation is "The raven flies".

korpen_flyger_nyrelease.jpg

Bad-ass image of a bad-ass actor!