Movies

Most of what I remember about that movie is the absolutely atrocious acting and that the storyline/premise didn't make much sense. The spider scene is definitely pretty cool though and the music was really great as well.
This is exactly how I feel about it as well. I also love the ending! But not much else. :( However, I only watched it once, and that isn't fair to a Certified Fulci Classic. Will try again some other time, along with City of the Living Dead, which also left me a little :( in a similar fashion.

Fair enough, I might just not have been in the right frame of mind for The Beyond. Ill give it another go sometime. Probably 5 years from now but whatever.

I had an asian themed movie binge and saw the Grudge, The Dollmaster and whispering corridors. The first two were great, the last one... nope.

Man the italian stuff is so much better than anything modern these days..just spend some quality time looking at the 70s and 80s italian stuff, just phenomenal

Agreed, but for whatever reason Fulci's stuff just didn't grab me when I was discovering '70s Italian horror some years ago.

Either way, I have the Gates of Hell Trilogy at the top of my Netflix queue. I've only seen the first two, time for a marathon!

Around 11:55pm

WHITEHOUSEBEER.jpeg

AFieldInEngland_zps57e5d3d2.jpg

I think some of yous would really like this one. And others would hate it! Whom lies in which camp? The Shadow knows...

This is on my list of films to check out. With Nad digging it, it moves up several spots in increased priority.

I think you would dig it. I must say that it was quite unique in a variety of ways, and I loved it... after contemplating it for a day or two.

rms and Mr. Sirloin may or may not enjoy it. Agalloch will completely loathe it, or deem it a masterpiece.

dorian will only watch the first 15 minutes, but somehow be able to summarize every scene, perfectly, with eloquence and grace.

Climb Thar Hill probably went to a private screening when it was first released and is waiting for the rest of us to catch up.

Oh and hey I went to my first IMAX experience the other day for Interstellar. Perfectly enjoyable and inconsequential, much like most other non-Memento Nolan films.

Mr. Sirloin may or may not enjoy it.

Nice rec. Saw the dude's previous film.... Uh.... Hold on....

Oh yes. This.

Kill-list-poster.jpg

Pretty damn engrossing, until the end. Which made no sense plotwise. But that's okay. I liked it enough to check out his next one, which has been on my Long List Of Things To Check Out for quite some time.

(I found out about both from this list: 5 FILMS TO CHECK OUT IF YOU LOVE THE WICKER MAN)

Oh, and I watched these horror flicks over the course of October. Some ruled, some sucked*

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS
MARTYRS
NIGHT OF THE DEMON
THE BURNING
GOTHIC
THE OLD DARK HOUSE
CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD
XTRO
POSSESSION
OCULUS
THE UNINVITED
TRICK R' TREAT

*SPOILER: Drag Me To Hell was one of the ones that sucked. Good lawd I hated that movie!

I love Trick R Treat

What did you think of The Burning?

Anyone seen Rites of Spring?

I'm watching Arachnophobia right now. Last time was 24 years ago wtf
Anyway, I need some more recos - I just don't have time anymore to waste on half a shitty movie

I think you would dig it. I must say that it was quite unique in a variety of ways, and I loved it... after contemplating it for a day or two.

rms and Mr. Sirloin may or may not enjoy it. Agalloch will completely loathe it, or deem it a masterpiece.

dorian will only watch the first 15 minutes, but somehow be able to summarize every scene, perfectly, with eloquence and grace.

Climb Thar Hill probably went to a private screening when it was first released and is waiting for the rest of us to catch up.

Oh and hey I went to my first IMAX experience the other day for Interstellar. Perfectly enjoyable and inconsequential, much like most other non-Memento Nolan films.

:lol: I haven't even watched that one yet. Kill List was pretty cool though.

Anywho, looking forward to watching this one this weekend

zgY7lVZ.jpg