Movies

What movies have you seen lately, whether it be at the theater or rentals? I've seen these within the past few days:

Jeepers Creepers 2
What a disappointment. In fact, this was crap. The Creeper was cool as hell, but those damn kids were horrible actors given shitty lines. I wanted them all to die. On top of that, the movie wasn't even scary.

Underworld
Another disappointment. The best performance was given by Kate Beckinsdale's sweet ass proudly displayed in tight leather. The plot had great potential, but poor execution. And why the fuck do vampires always look like damn Versace models?

American Wedding
Definitely the worst out of the 3 American Pie films, but still a good time, especially the bachelor party scene. They should have just called this movie The Steve Stifmeister Show. The movie centered around him, while the actual wedding was a background story.

The Last Samurai
A masterpiece, even if it is Dances With Wolves with Tom Cruise and Samurai instead of Indians. Lots of blood, great acting, and a good story. Love the whole "die with honor" thing. One of the best of 2003.

Hey J., Jeepers Creepers 2 is on Netflix now
:lol:

Tried watching "Inside Llewyn Davis". Gave up on it a half hour in. Between the music and the pacing... torturous. And I usually love the Coen brothers.

Ended up watching "Side Effects". Good, solid movie.

Tried watching "Inside Llewyn Davis". Gave up on it a half hour in. Between the music and the pacing... torturous. And I usually love the Coen brothers.

Ended up watching "Side Effects". Good, solid movie.

Finish Llewyn Davis. There is a lot more to that movie than meets the eye and it gets better as it goes.

I tried watching Hardboiled last night, gave up 25 minutes in. Corny as fuck.
well it IS a Hong Kong shoot em up from 1992 so of course it is gonna be corny and way over the top, and its pretty much just 4 big ass 20+ minute shoot outs, but it's good silly fun and the body count is over 300 chinamens.

The French Connection - kicks my dick in every time. The brown Lincoln Continental Mark III *coupe* is my dream car. I need one. With heroin in the rocker panels preferably.

Gone Girl - this is a good movie. Also, the XC90 Nick Dunne drives does not break down (as far as we can tell)

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. It was mentioned here before, but so long ago. Another book-based movie for which I've not read the book but really enjoyed the movie. It has enough death and perversion to maybe be considered horror, but overall it's just a weirdo fantasy film that almost has you rooting for the antihero and his demented ambitions, until you get a good look at his face and remember he's just a sick bastard. Also, it has Dustin Hoffman and his nose playing an 18th-century perfumer--didn't expect that. Very strange execution/orgy scene, as well.

Whiplash - Awesome!

Great movie sans the snot nosed protagonist we're all supposed to be supporting at the end. Wish he got bitch slapped a few more times for being a snitch and costing a real man a career. No wonder why his mommy left him.

Caught Chocolat' yesterday. Twas interesting, albeit a little slow in it's pacing. Didn't care for much of the cast, but wanted to pork the ever liviing shit out of Juliette Binoche. This is the garb of a classy creature. Also found her neck mole to be adorable. Hmm mmm.

b2000choc05.jpg

:dopey:

American: The Bill Hicks Story - Low budget but done right. Not the best flow, but any Hicks is good Hicks. I don't believe in G-d, but I'd follow Bill Hicks into the sea.

Horns - First half great, second half okay. Still fun!

The Crimson Cult - I fell asleep but has some green titties if I remember correctly. I watched it a few years ago, don't remember anything.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Holy fuck! I haven't seen this since the early '90s when I used to beg me ma to rent it for me on VHS all the time. What a fantastic action flick, the stunts remain incredible!

Swingers - I adore this movie and always will. Because I'm awkward with women, and think Vegas sucks.

Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn - I watch this probably once a month. Because it is cool.

Henry Fool - Second viewing was much better than the first. Amazing concept, execution, and everything. A damn near perfect movie.

Fay Grim - Perfect in every way. The only sequel besides Evil Dead 2 that surpasses the original.

21 Grams - Unwatchable pap. I don't give up on movies, I'll sit through sewage just to make sure I love/hate a movie, but I gave up on this tripe halfway through. Fuck you.

Lucy - Kept getting better and better, by the end I was witnessing one of the best modern sci-fi movies since... well, quite a bit. The serious complement to The Fifth Element.

Boyhood - It's a very good sign when a nearly 3 hour film felt like a 45 minutes. Made me wonder why more films aren't made in such a manner, being filmed over a 12 year period so you can see the actors age realistically. The indie IRL version of Harry Potter.

The World According to Garp - Words do not describe how good this one is. Apparently I should really read the book.

In Search of Dracula - Terrible, but informative. Christopher Lee documentary about Vlad Tepes... kinda. Includes a reenactment of Lee as Vlad walking around his castle feeling awesome about himself.

El Topo - By the last 20 minutes I was quite ready for it to go away, but I think that was me and not the film. I'll watch this a second time some day, what I liked I loved.

The Giver - I barely remember this a month later, but it was pretty okay.

Paprika - Could have been great, was just okay. Someone watched Ghost in the Shell and Akira many times, and made their own second rate version.

A Million Ways to Die in the West - Quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen. I don't mean on a subjective taste level, no, I speak of objective quality. The editing was atrocious. Script unbearable. Actors literally gave zero fucks, and it showed in every scene. And yet, still entertaining!

Aftermath: Population Zero - Can't fucking wait.

Fando & Lis - 12 years after wondering where that sample came from on The Mantle, now I know. A good movie, but pretty hard to watch. Reminded me a bit of Carnival of Souls, at least in presentation.

The Wind Rises - Another downer from Miyazaki. Pretty god damn good.

Forbidden Planet - Fantastic, and that dude's beard?! Fuck yeah!

Guardians of the Galaxy - So good I sat through it twice and then bought it on Blu-Ray (I don't buy many movies).

Predators - "No, that's my sister." :lol:

The Beyond / The House by the Cemetary / City of the Living Dead - These are good, I was wrong.

The Invisible Man - Utterly fantastic, a wild performance by whosits.

It Came From Outer Space - This movie wanted to be awful, but it couldn't pull it off. I liked it quite a bit.

Frankenstein - Compared to the book, this is pure drivel. As a cinematic statement, very well done!

St Patrick can go fuck one of the snakes he didnt chase away from Ireland, because St Patrick is a scumbag fraud, just like all saints. may they rot in non-existent Hell.

March 17 is also the birthday of Film Hero Kurt Russell! so to celebrate this most solemn and holy of days, i will indulge in one of his more outlandishly absurd and over-the-top (yes, even for him) cinematic sacraments: ESCAPE FROM LA

this movie is insane and ludicrous and also better than most ever made

St Patrick can go fuck one of the snakes he didnt chase away from Ireland, because St Patrick is a scumbag fraud, just like all saints. may they rot in non-existent Hell.

March 17 is also the birthday of Film Hero Kurt Russell! so to celebrate this most solemn and holy of days, i will indulge in one of his more outlandishly absurd and over-the-top (yes, even for him) cinematic sacraments: ESCAPE FROM LA

this movie is insane and ludicrous and also better than most ever made

I completely forgot that existed lol. Definitely need to watch that again, stupidity done oh so right.