Movies

Nightcrawler ... Tremendous performance by Jake Gyllenhaal. I wouldn't call the movie itself a plesant viewing experience. It was a fucked up movie. Simplistic yet entertaining anyways. Worth watching for Gyllenhaal's performance alone.

Birdman ... PHENOMENAL movie!!! One of the better films I have ever watched actually. Highest of recommendations!

I had this sort of discussion in GMD about the director and the film, and i've watched 21 grams and Babel and don't think Birdman is in the same category. I mean it's basically Black Swan but with Michael Keaton and comic books instead of ballerinas. I don't think it really applies to him, but I can sort of see how it could reflect his own views in Hollywood, but I really think it's more for Keaton.

I fucking loved Birdman!

Babel was boring as hell.

21 Grams is unwatchable.

2 strikes, 1 hit, baseball.

^ :kickass: ^

I foresee myself watching a lot more movies with the extra time I'll be having and this new TV/Bluray dealio. I typically don't watch too many flicks.

Next up is Top Five w/ Chris Rock. Lurch gave it a ringing endorsement on FB last week.

Under The Skin - I dig it. Really makes you think about a lot of different aspects of the lives we have created/are as a species. I completely understand the extremely polarizing opinions. A bunch of Scarlet Johansen nudity definitely helps too.

Under The Skin - I dig it. Really makes you think about a lot of different aspects of the lives we have created/are as a species. I completely understand the extremely polarizing opinions. A bunch of Scarlet Johansen nudity definitely helps too.

The whole thing can be seen as an allegory about the factory farmed meat industry.