Movies

Maybe it is him?!?! Best part of the movie either way, I had one of the shittiest days of the last several years when we saw it, and The Doof Warrior cured all that ailed me for hours.

xHpbcGD_zpsyhvbxofq.gif

I talked with a bassfriend at NAMM this year, he had a great story about Devin Townsend. He met him at a diner once, with the opportunity to play on an album (not sure if it ever happened). They met, were looking through the menu, and apparently Mr. Skullet ordered the largest stack of pancakes they had. "How many calories is this? 2,300? Great, I'll take it." Bassguy referred to the encounter as a "festival of self-loathing" and a good time was had by all.

Chappie

I wanted to like this. I loved District 9. Elysium was enjoyable. I had a hard time with this one. The human characters were so stupid (apparently two of the human leads are the frontpersons of some damn south african band) and hard to like, except the camelfucker. "You got to be gangsta numba 1, chappie"...give me a fucking break. Effects and motion capture were phenomenal, and the story itself, while scifi in nature, was told in a practical way that made it seem like it could happen.

dude just needs to make District 10 like yesterday

Valhalla Rising

My brain hurts. For about the first 15 minutes I was wondering "why am i not watching zombeavers?" I even had the remote in hand ready to turn it off, but something told me to be a man and keep going. So here we have a psychedelic viking movie with industrial metal/tribal drum soundtrack. And the main character doesnt say a damn word the entire 90 minutes. Disembowelments, rocks crushing brains, slit throats abound. Very violent movie.It's like a David Lynch movie where it's "open for interpretation". Still, I enjoyed it.

Valhalla Rising My brain hurts. For about the first 15 minutes I was wondering "why am i not watching zombeavers?" I even had the remote in hand ready to turn it off, but something told me to be a man and keep going. So here we have a psychedelic viking movie with industrial metal/tribal drum soundtrack. And the main character doesnt say a damn word the entire 90 minutes. Disembowelments, rocks crushing brains, slit throats abound. Very violent movie.It's like a David Lynch movie where it's "open for interpretation". Still, I enjoyed it.

I love that movie.

Zombeavers would have benefitted from more tits.

Devil's Pass

I like found footage movies (Europa Report is next) for some reason. They're cheeseball velveeta sure, but they can be fun if done right. Troll Hunter is my favorite so far, because trolls are metal and the movie was just cool. Devil's Pass was fun with the payoff being a big surprise. It was more intriguing because the students (arent they always students?) were researching an actual true occurence from back in 1959, still unexplained. Boobs from the hottie would have been nice, but we cant have it all. Worse ways to spend 100 minutes.