Movies

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Another year, another Marvel movie. Is it just me, or is this the same movie as The Avengers part 1? Basically just replace Loki and skrulls with Ultron and drones, throw in a few new superheroes (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, The Vision) and voila!

1. numerous action pieces that end in stalemate? check
2. the avengers' morale hitting a low where they question their purpose/life/team/sexuality? check
3. nick fury pulling them all together with a rousing speech? check
4. unfunny jokes? check
5. the final battle where about 2 civilians die? check
6. the team comes together to defeat the villian, whereas before they couldnt because.....ummmm? check
7. ending scene showing them going their separate ways? check

i mean godamn! originality isnt on the priority list

and man, that Avengers team at the end sucks! Falcon, Black Widow, and War Machine are people with tech weapons or fighting skills. Not "super" at all. Cap 'Murica and Scarlet Witch qualify. The Vision is a robot, but whatever

Time Lapse

on netflix. not bad at all. simple idea. a camera takes a picture 24 hours into the future. 3 30-somethings do obvious shit.

this movie had endless possibilities, but stuck to the tried and true "lets use this to make money!" some pretty cool twists and turns here and there

Circle

another one on netflix. weird movie but cool. 50 people debate about which one dies next until only one remains

@ Time Lapse: I'm about half way through. What I can't figure out is the mechanism by which the guy obtains future game results. The camera does nothing but take a picture of their living room 24 hours into the future. It doesn't transport anyone in time. The guy is seen taping "results" on the window. But these results are of races he just watched - in the present. This doesn't make any sense at all. Am I wrong?

@J.: nah, I'm pretty sure it just plain doesn't make any sense. The writers totally fucked up and just didn't care.

Ant-Man

Marvels second best behind Guardians. It's fun, funny, and creative. Looking forward to the sequel with Wasp.