Movies

The Beyond. I couldn’t follow this or get into it. I mostly perused Reddit while it’s been on the background. The effects were fun but I feel like this movie maybe possibly actually kinda sucks.

The Beyond. I couldn’t follow this or get into it. I mostly perused Reddit while it’s been on the background. The effects were fun but I feel like this movie maybe possibly actually kinda sucks.
Is this some newfangled bullshit, or Fulci's masterpiece? I mean the original is kinda crap, but the ending fucking rules! And it has really pretty tarantulas.
I watched *The Editor* on Shudder a few months ago and figured everyone here would love it. Check it out if you can. Watch some true giallo first though (ie Deep Red, Tenebrae, Black Belly of the Tarantula, etc) for maximal effect
Now I'm more confused which The Beyond you watched. But I did add this to my Amazon list! They wanted extra money so I'll never see it though.

Srsly ever since I gave in and started Amazong Prime all they do is hound me for more money. I open Amazon Music and they say "upgrade to premium!" I try to watch movies via Amazon and they say "$4.99 to rent!"

I should make a reaction video of me bitching about Jeff "Dr. Spaceman" Bezos. I will never upload it anywhere.

I’m referring to the 1980 Fulci movie. Just could not enjoy it. The tarantula part was awesome but the rest….meh. Not even any boobs in it.

The Editor is from, I think, 2014. Despite it being an homage to the giallo, they managed to make a better movie than all the originals.

This was me watching The Beyond:

"This is dumb.
Whoa, tarantulas.
Still dumb.
Dang, that ending was great!
Dumb movie."

Reactions: dorian gray
Event Horizon. I always think of the blood orgy scene and throw up in my mouth. And what we saw in the theater was edited wtf. The original version would have been rated X.

Robocop. Dude goes from badass Clarence Boddicker to the dad in 70s Show.

Reactions: dorian gray
The original ultra disturbing cut of Event Horizon was lost in a fire apparently. I have watched the "let me show you [Hell]" scene frame-by-frame and man, it is pretty twisted. I roll that shit at least once a year because it rules face (warts and all).

https://www.thewrap.com/cobra-kai-s...-superhero-blue-beetle-for-hbo-max-exclusive/
so DC is now going to start makng movies catering to Latino audiences
While DC has had Latino characters in its movie universe, (Jay Hernandez as El Diablo in “Suicide Squad,” and Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya in “Birds of Prey”), and cast Latina Sasha Calle to play Supergirl in “The Flash,” this will be the first stand-alone title to feature a Latino lead. Also of note, “In the Heights” breakout star Leslie Grace, who is Dominican American, has won the role in “Batgirl” and will star as crime fighter Barbara Gordon in the upcoming film set at HBO Max.

According to the MPAA, in 2017, Hispanic/Latino audiences had the highest per-capita attendance at the movies, going to the movie an average of 4.5 times a year. Latinos make up 18 percent of the population, and they buy 24 percent of the movie tickets sold in the United States. It is also worth noting, superhero movies tend to draw the most diverse audiences as Latinos made up 22 percent of the audience for “Wonder Woman” and 21 percent of the audience for “Spider-Man: Homecoming.”