Movies

yeah ... great character study ... i mean you can try to make sense why him and sister were the way they were ... but not sure that was the point.

I have a 60 inch Pioneer Kuro (best television ever made) and the blu-ray

Pioneer dropped out of the monitor market a couple years ago. Did you buy it used or have you had it for awhile? That's a nice piece (the best actually, as you pointed out)

Pioneer dropped out of the monitor market a couple years ago. Did you buy it used or have you had it for awhile? That's a nice piece (the best actually, as you pointed out)

you can still get it for SIX FUCKING GEEES at Amazon!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-PDP-6020FD-60-Inch-Class-Plasma/dp/tech-data/B001AAQTXQ[/ame]

Bought it used on Ebay actually for only 3500 mint condition. It's a 151-FD and the previous owner built home theaters for a living and kept it without a scratch. Luckily, the auction was in the city so I didn't even have to ship it. But yeah, it's nice.

none more black ...

so we had a chat in some other thread a few months ago about the plasma/lcd pro/cons ... could have used your input ... not that I bought anything since

I'm so god damn happy with a 42" LCD and BluGay. I never thought I would love a television so much until one night I cracked open a beer and watched that BBC Planet Earth thing. It was like redneck olympics "gOD DAMMIT DID YOU SEE THE SIZE O' THAT POLAR BARR?!?!"

I had a 32" picture tube for years that finally up and died. 178 pounds of pure glass/plastic.

There's a video of me moving it out to the garage by myself. I'll try and figure out how to post it here later.

For $1100 these days you could have a very nice 55 inch Panasonic Plasma. Panny plasmas are what I recommend to everyone. My parents and my sister both just bought one and love it.

My friend and I just fixed my Samsung 40"
It would start, turn off, start, turn off, start, turn off, start, turn off, start.
Sometimes it would leave a few dots of the screen.
I did an internet search on the model and lots of people were having the same problem.
Figured out that the Samsung capacitors were too underpowered. Only 10 volts.
Replaced the two bad capacitors with 16 volts capacitors.
Was pretty damn easy.

yeah my inlaws had the same issue on their 40 samsung. it was fixed by samsung even though it was well out of warranty.

For $1100 these days you could have a very nice 55 inch Panasonic Plasma. Panny plasmas are what I recommend to everyone. My parents and my sister both just bought one and love it.

would love to get a plasma ... only thing worrying me is the freaking screen reflection.

and also that I have been averaging about 5 hours a month on the actual TV since I cut the cable.

would love to get a plasma ... only thing worrying me is the freaking screen reflection.

and also that I have been averaging about 5 hours a month on the actual TV since I cut the cable.

Yeah make sure if you get one you have it in a dark room. I let no light into the Kuro room.

yeah that's like impossible ... currently where I live I can see England from my window ... 6th Floor with no obstructions for outside light in the entire apartment.

yeah that's like impossible ... currently where I live I can see England from my window ... 6th Floor with no obstructions for outside light in the entire apartment.

lol not a good choice for a plasma.

I, too, watch very very little television. I thought about upgrading to something like Agalloch mentioned....but there's no point.

yeah, i would be better off upgrading my PC and get a great 24" monitor for it ... would be more bang for buck.