Movies

Oh i like marvel as well. But every comment about bvs was that its not fun like marvel. I prefer a darker dc since marvel is more kid friendly.

Gal gadot definitely got more ripped for ww. Just look at her fast and furious roles

Ripped compared to her in Fast And Furious isn't saying a lot. I just had higher hopes for an Amazonian that is the most skilled warrior in the DCU. It's not a huge gripe, but it is a gripe I have.

I agree with the Marvel thing, though labeling The Punisher as "kid friendly" is obviously unjustifiable. Plenty of Marvel's line-up can compete with DC in that way.

Daredevil Season 2 was fucking unreal! Absolutely loved it!

BvS was fucking great! So glad DC is finally building up their universe. Best Batman ever! Really enjoyed Lex.
All excited for the Justice League movie now.

Reactions: CiG
Atari: Game Over.
I really enjoyed this. I like documentaries, video games and archaeology. This is all those things wrapped up into one 66 minute flick. Worth a view if you were around during that time and actually played E.T.

Reactions: NAD
I agree with the Marvel thing, though labeling The Punisher as "kid friendly" is obviously unjustifiable. Plenty of Marvel's line-up can compete with DC in that way.

Well, when i say Marvel, I mean the MCU, not the two shitty punisher movies or ben afflecks daredevil or electra. Xmen is a little darker but not like the DCCU. Plus the xmen movies are shit (i havent seen days of future past). At least Deadpool was not kid friendly, but for different reasons than DC.

All that said, I cant wait for Civil War and Doctor Strange.

Suicide Squad looks like THEE SHIT, though

Well, when i say Marvel, I mean the MCU, not the two shitty punisher movies or ben afflecks daredevil or electra. Xmen is a little darker but not like the DCCU. Plus the xmen movies are shit (i havent seen days of future past). At least Deadpool was not kid friendly, but for different reasons than DC.

All that said, I cant wait for Civil War and Doctor Strange.

Suicide Squad looks like THEE SHIT, though

Oh you're talking movies only. Well, The Punisher films (3 by the way, not 2) are pretty dark I guess.

Seen in the last couple of weeks:
High Rise - Not subtle political commentary, and pretty bleak, but at least interesting.
Zootropolis - Subtext also not subtle, but good fun. :)
Turner and Hooch - Never seen this before and used to live with a Dogues De Bordeaux, sot hat was cool.
Serbian Film - Finally caught it; not brilliant, not sure it made as much of a political statement as it thought it did.
ABCs of Death 2 - Surprisingly more hit than miss out of the 26 shorts.
Friday 13th 9 - Meh.
Creep - Also meh, despite it getting pretty good reviews it didn't do much for me.
Badass Cinema - An interesting overview of blackspoitation.
He Never Died - Some mildly entertaining black comedy, well played by Henry Rollins
The House that dripped blood - More '70s horror, very watchable.
Sinister 2 - Not as good as the first, but also not as bad as the reviews had me believe.

:)

Southbound - a cohesive anthology-type sci-horror thing I found on iTunes. I really enjoyed it even though I didnt fully understand it.

All Things Must Pass - docu about the rise and fall of Tower Records. Very well done by Colin Hanks, known to me as the creepy fucker from Season 392 of Dexter. Anyway, I have no real feelings whatsoever about Tower Records and I barely even recall being appalled by the prices in the Nashville store. I still found it interesting. The founder, nice a guy as he is, just kinda ran the company into the ground.

Twisted F****** Twister - watched all 2 hours and 11 minutes of this last night for some reason. I wasn't even drunk. I found the members (as they are now anyway - old and mellow) to be rather pleasant and amusing, albeit kinda dumb. I did find it amusing that one of the main themes was their inability to comprehend why, oh why could they not get a record deal. Could it have been that they were a mediocre RAWK band that did nothing to stand out musically from all the other thousands of mediocre RAWK bands of that era, other than wear makeup and berate fans? Their songs were completely unremarkable. Same thing over and over and over. Same key, too, from the ones I heard. Anyway, well done documentary.

Lemmy - I went straight into this after watching the above (could not sleep). I'm not sure what to think about this guy. He was affable, funny, humble and for the final 50 years of his life he didnt change a single thing. Yet, he was an awful parent and didn't really seem to do anything else but smoke, drink, abuse drugs, play video games and collect weird things. It's hard for me to get past the fact that there are millions of other people in society just like this and we call them bums. But Lemmy is regarded as a legend (by lucky-as-hell mediocre musicians like Dave Grohl) for starting heavy metal. But it's not like Lemmy woke up one day and said, "I'm hereby going to deliberately create a new genre of music". He just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I respect that that happened and that he influenced an endless number of bands but I find his bass playing unremarkable and his vocals borderline unlistenable. Every Motorhead song starts out like "hey, cool song. This is heavy" and then a minute later I think "how much longer is this going to go on?"

Reactions: Reign in Acai
haha yeah, let me rephrase: I'm stating my opinion based solely on the documentary which could very well be accurate or totally inaccurate. I would have no idea. In the context of the film, Lemmy the man just seemed like kinda of a sad, old, mildly eccentric guy. Nothing wrong with that. Lemmy the phenomenon, however, is just something I don't understand.

haha yeah, let me rephrase: I'm stating my opinion based solely on the documentary which could very well be accurate or totally inaccurate. I would have no idea. In the context of the film, Lemmy the man just seemed like kinda of a sad, old, mildly eccentric guy. Nothing wrong with that. Lemmy the phenomenon, however, is just something I don't understand.

Dimebag sucks.

Agreed on Lemmy, find his voice to be as grating as a libtard championing a gender neutral bathroom as a civil right.

This is about the only Motorhead song I ever heard that I enjoyed.