Movies

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

wtf? this movie was half hour too long ... they kept showing the man's problems over and over ... ok, I get it ... he had bad luck.
and the payof was bs ... he got a job as a broker?

so the pursuit of happiness is to make the loot?

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

wtf? this movie was half hour too long ... they kept showing the man's problems over and over ... ok, I get it ... he had bad luck.

Based on a true story.

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS

he was black too.

Saw Grindhouse last night. Holy mother of god, Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" was SHEER AWESOMENESS IN MOVIE FORM:kickass:

While on the other hand Tarantino's "Death Proof" was a complete and utter failure on ever level.

Saw Grindhouse last night. Holy mother of god, Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" was SHEER AWESOMENESS IN MOVIE FORM:kickass:

While on the other hand Tarantino's "Death Proof" was a complete and utter failure on ever level.

that's what i keep reading ... QT has lost his touch since Jackie Brown ...

Kill Bill was utter huddah

Just got back from Grindhouse. I mostly agree with Climb Thar Hill, except I simply thought "Planet Terror" was fun, but that's about it. Way too over the top, but he definitely succeeded in what he was trying to do.

"Death Proof" was ok, up until the climactic battle, which was so fucking putrid I don't even know where to begin. If the best elements of Kill Bill had been condensed into one film, I think it would've ruled, but yeah, overall it failed pretty badly.

Jason

"Death Proof" was ok, up until the climactic battle, which was so fucking putrid I don't even know where to begin.
Jason

Really? I thought if Death Proof solely consisted of that last battle it would have been ok. The beginning and dialog I felt were simply BAD. Plus the latter part of the movie had one of the most annoying characters of all time.

Really? I thought if Death Proof solely consisted of that last battle it would have been ok. The beginning and dialog I felt were simply BAD.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more there - the final battle was so frighteningly bad and out to lunch it was scary, and not in a good way. I am soooooooo tired of the "tough, resiliant chicks get the best of dumb guy" plotlines. Plus they totally reversed Kurt Russell's mysterious character that I actually felt had potential into a sniveling, annoying worm of a doormat. A complete 180 that ruined any hope I had for a cool payoff. To each their own though.

Climb Thar Hill said:
Plus the latter part of the movie had one of the most annoying characters of all time.

No debate there if we're thinking of the same person.

I totally loved Planet Terror, but Death Proof was just lame. Was expecting much more than 70 minutes of poor dialog with about 20 minutes of actual ANYTHING.

Also, the "Thanksgiving" trailer was the best, IMO. If only for the trampoline scene.