Movies....

khm, khmmm ... :rolleyes: .. yes, yes.. I`m here..

well TTT is a great movie. Very spectacular, the digital works are great / though some expert found mistakes /, they also made it exciting, the three hours feels just minutes . BUT they changed some things in the movie comparing to the original book. No mistake, it did`t make it worse, it`s just a bit different this way. I`m that kind of person who likes to stick to the original storyline if I`ve read the book before.
TTT is better in some way than The Fellowship was, with the huge battles and the viking looking riders ;)
I think I`m going to see it next week again and I can`t wait till the extended version will be available.

I`ve read the book many years ago... and I`m planning to read it before the third part comes out and I think it will be time for `The Sillmarills` too.

@Morg: when are you going to see it?

hehe....in the meantime I read you comment on the Vintersorg board.....didn't want to force you into another post, sorry.
But now that you wrote something, some remarks from me ;)
I believe you cannot really stick to a book in all respects when making a film. These are just two different things. All in all I think it was well done, though a bit too hollywood-style at times as well.

Speaking of books and films: I watched the film to Jostein Gaarder's "Sofies Welt/Sophie's world" today and it left me wondering what the hell that was. Anyone read the book (yeah I know, this isn't the book thread...)? I never managed to finish reading the book because while I find the topic as such quite interesting I found the writing to be extremely boring and the story rather odd to say the least. The film now left a lot of the philosophical history aside and basically told the weird story around it. I soon didn't pay too much attention watching.

Oh...and about the "Silmarillion".....as much as I like the Hobbit and the LOTR and with all respect for what Tolkien created there....I can't stand the Silmarillion.

You are welcome Gauni ;)

Originally posted by Gaunerin

I believe you cannot really stick to a book in all respects when making a film. These are just two different things. All in all I think it was well done, though a bit too hollywood-style at times as well.
Yes, I know that and you are right... but if u read the book u imagine things differently. But I really didn't want to complain :)

I havent heard about that Sofie's world story... but u made me curious...

ps: I'm watching Gladiator right now.

Originally posted by Mocika
How much does a normal cinema ticket cost at you?
Depends. All smaller (cheaper) cinemas are vanishing and they are being replaced by those huge theaters with at least 10 cinemas in one. or something like that ;) (we call them multiplex, no idea if that's the case elsewhere as well) Tickets are around 8-9 €, I believe those with seats somewhere in the front rows are cheaper though (oh yeah....I don't go to the cinema too often...)

yup, i watched Two Towers yesterday and is better than first. FANTASTIC effects... must go again and again...