Super-Hero MOVIES Thread

I've pretty much hated all the X-Men movies I've seen. Skipped First Class entirely, have very little expectation for Days of Futures Past (Which is a MUST READ ASAP comic by the way).

Ignoring the Dark Knight Trilogy has pros and cons I guess. It's entirely self-contained, which is good, but now most average movie-goers will be confused as to why Daredevil is in Batman's suit. :lol:

Loki is awesome. Memorable villains? Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull is pretty much as perfect as you can get. Iron Man's villains were always a bit of a let down, though. :erk:

Worse casting for Fantastic Four? Impossible. Reed and Ben are not, and should not look, "18", Sue looks to be the right age, but Johnny? Changing his race just to say "LOOK WE'RE DIFFERENT" isn't doing it for the right reason.

Whatshisname as Lex is also a reeeaaally bad decision. I have hope, but... not very much of it. Cranston is like 55. Did you know that? I didn't. I had to look it up after watching Breaking Bad one day. I was mindblown. :lol:

I've pretty much hated all the X-Men movies I've seen. Skipped First Class entirely, have very little expectation for Days of Futures Past (Which is a MUST READ ASAP comic by the way).

Ignoring the Dark Knight Trilogy has pros and cons I guess. It's entirely self-contained, which is good, but now most average movie-goers will be confused as to why Daredevil is in Batman's suit. :lol:

Loki is awesome. Memorable villains? Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull is pretty much as perfect as you can get. Iron Man's villains were always a bit of a let down, though. :erk:

Worse casting for Fantastic Four? Impossible. Reed and Ben are not, and should not look, "18", Sue looks to be the right age, but Johnny? Changing his race just to say "LOOK WE'RE DIFFERENT" isn't doing it for the right reason.

Whatshisname as Lex is also a reeeaaally bad decision. I have hope, but... not very much of it. Cranston is like 55. Did you know that? I didn't. I had to look it up after watching Breaking Bad one day. I was mindblown. :lol:

I don't blame you, I honestly haven't seen an X-Men movie after I got burnt by the third one. I just know my brother likes the new ones.

That will be kinda weird, and on that note, this video made me feel better about the Daredevil movie

I love the Iron Man movies, but damn I honest to god can't name any of the villains if you had a gun to my head.

Don't know if them changing the race is a "hey look we're different" thing, hope it's not. Would love to go and see this movie and everything work perfectly on the screen.

Also, I did. I'm way obsessed with Breaking Bad so... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think hollywood is going to do away with the whole concept of "original screenplay"...
...i wanna know everyone elses thoughts on this

Personally remakes/reboots/etc are ok by me if they are done properly, in other words movie manages to entertain and facepalm moments are at minimum. I would love to see Running Man done again for example, but this time in that way that storyline is more faithful to original text. Don't really care about Fantastic Four reboot though, but then again didn't much care about earlier movies so...

I don't hold high hopes for Deadpool. Anything that has Fox's or Sony's name attached to it is a death sentence.

I don't hold high hopes for Deadpool. Anything that has Fox's or Sony's name attached to it is a death sentence.

Yes I agree
A whole year ago Fox decided Johnny and Sue would be different races, but they only just now, a whole year later, decided on their explanation for it, hardcore fantastic four comic fans had gotten so freaking outraged at the idea that one would be adopted and they therefore wouldn't be biological siblings, that Fox has just now decided to completely avoid the word "adoption" in this movie and just explain away Sue and Johnny being different skin tones by having one parent black and the other white where black Johnny storm and white Sue are still biologically full siblings, they only just now did this, for the whole last year they were gonna go with one of them being adopted till people on the internet vehemently objected to this idea

The whole freaking reason Fox initially re-booted fantastic four was to put fantastic four onto x-men universe

The didn't decide to keep FF reboot and x-men separate universes until AFTER people started getting pissed about possibility of black Johnny storm

Sony has it's own problems
They want to do "female lead" movie but they can't decide on Jessica Drew, Felicia Hardy, or silver sable

And Sony officially announced that they won't do miles Morales, Miguel O'hara, or Ben Reilly, they just straight up said they're only doing Peter Parker movies and that they'll still do Peter Parker movies even after Andrew Garfield leaves the series

I laughed so hard at that. Willing to bet that Cap picks up Mjölnir and kills Ultron with it at the end of the movie. Mark my words

^I got that same feeling. Can't wait for that movie. Also super excited for Black Panther, Thor : Ragnarok, Avengers : Infinity War (Parts 1 and 2) and all the other movies Marvel announced yesterday!

Don't really care for Thor. Seen about a third of each of his movies and no thanks.

Stupid fact: 10 of the marvel movies have come out on, or are coming out, within 3 days of my birthday (May 4th) I can't wait for that Avengers 3 to drop the first half on it :lol:

I can't stop watching that trailer, holy crap Ultron's voice is awesome.