Mr. V's clean vocals!!

Nolax Niles

New Metal Member
Apr 25, 2006
As much I love his Death growls & Black Metal screams, I really enjoy his clean vocals. His clean vocals are up there with my other favorite singers with amazing clean vocals that also have killer growls: Mikael Åkerfeldt & Ihsahn.

rammpeth said:
those are great, as well as (imo) mikael stanne

He has such an unbelievably unique clean voice! Can you name any specific album or band where he sings primarily (or at least 50% of the time) with clean vocals, because what I've heard from Dark Tranqillity, he sings most of he time with his harsh vocals.

hmm,well, even tho its still with harsh vocals mostly, i think the album with more clean singing is " Projector". or download UnDo Control or Therein to here what im saying

Vintersorgs clean vocals can easily be compared to the legend Freddie Mercury and his composer-skills can also be compared to Bach, Mozart etc.
I must admit that I prefer his earlier singing. Much darker.

Although I didnt like his two latest albums too much, he have made the some of the best music I have ever heard (Otyg and the 3 first Vintersorg-albums).
Compared to other artists nowadays (metal too) even the focusing blur is quite nice. And that says alot since that was without a doubt Vintersorgs weakest album.

I am really looking forward to his coming album. The lyrics will be in Swedish and the progressive will be toned down. Perhaps it will be another classic as ôdemarkens son or Cosmic Genesis.

karpsmom said:
I've never heard Maynard, Ian or Steven. What bands are they each from, respectively. (I know Steven is from Porcupine Tree, right?)

Holy shit, if you haven't heard Tool...your missing out on one of the most original bands in history. They are in a realm of their own. Maynards voice and style of singing is like a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I enjoy Mr. V's clean vocals much more then his grim vocals, especially when he sings in swedish...its so beautiful. Plus his excellent use of overdubbing is very refreshing. :worship:

darcy said:
He's got a lot of character, his voice is incredibly distinctive. On more recent works they do seem lighter, but no less enjoyable.

Yes exactly right. With Mr V's clean singing you can immediately recognise the voice, as with alot of other sings they aren't immediately distinguishable. That factor aswell as just how "low" his voice is makes me love it even more so.

I used to really dislike Tool and APC, mainly because I had just seen their videos but I gave their albums a few listens and now I quite enjoy them. Though the newest APC album was shitshitshit.