Music too taboo to listen to...

I don't consider any of this shameful, but maybe a little surprising considering that everyone knows me as a metalhead. I like Robert Johnson a lot (oldschool blues), as well as Imogen Heap (electronica/pop/rock). I'm sure everyone here likes Jeff Buckley, so I don't need to explain that. I like bluegrass, overall, and I own a banjo. Also, Hank Williams Sr. had some fantastic songs. 'Alone and Forsaken'? Hell yeah! And 'Fly Trouble', haha - I love that song. I have heard a very few R & B songs that I like, but I don't know what they're called. I think polka is badass, and fuck everyone who thinks it's stupid. I like a fair amount of classical, although a lot of it is too 'flighty' to really catch me - it doesn't seem to express any emotion enough to pull me in. I like Gustav Holst, Rachmoninov, Tchaikovsky, Sibelius, Mozart, and Bach. Beethoven is also good. Of course, everyone ought to like all of them, so there's no guilt there. That's pretty much most of the non-metal music I listen to. I'm not ashamed of any of it.

Ahh...I see some brilliant music here. Robert Johnson, Buckley, Beethoven.:worship:

Very good non-modern (no electric guitars etc) music that has to be mentioned here is Stravinsky, Grieg and Bartok. Not going to count them all up because I'll just look like a nerd trying to impress people with old names:D but they're excellent.

THe only thing Im ashamed about when it comes to music is that I like one Slipknot song.

This one:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, some songs off the first 2 are pretty good. Really tiresome to explain that to people when they see Korn in my CD collection and go ZOMGZso much for you knowing anything about metal!

there is so many stuff about i dislikes to listen...usually latin music / italian pop (we have already only a couple of good artists down here!) and hip hop and r'n'b.. i'm neither into pop stuff that you see in mtv but i don't know a name..i usally don't see tv!

I enjoy a few Slipknot songs..."Wait and Bleed" and "Eyeless" are great, catchy pieces of pissed off nu-metal. I'm also quite a fan of early Korn (first 2 albums)
Yeah, those couple of songs are great, "[sic]" as well, so fucking aggressive and intense ("you can't see california without Marlon Brando's EYES!!!!!!!!!").
Yeah, some songs off the first 2 are pretty good. Really tiresome to explain that to people when they see Korn in my CD collection and go ZOMGZso much for you knowing anything about metal!
Follow the Leader and Issues are great albums too, even better than the first 2 i.m.o.

So you like IOWA too? I think the rest has its moments, but that is just shit music all around.

Yeah I do, just to pick some good moments that come to mind while skipping through the cd:
The My Plague chorus, the tempo change in Gently, Left Behind chorus, The Shape intro,

Just in general I think it's a good album, 'cause it's got a lot of different songs/sounds/textures, the songs are really well written, it's groovy, well-performed, energetic... etc.
It's a shame that a lot of people go with all the slipknot-bashing cause they pay more mind to their fanbase instead of the music. But I guess that's a sign of popularity (not that there's a doubt slipknot are popular:p)

Not too much I'm embarassed about liking. I suppose the ones that seem most out of character for me would be Snow Patrol (at least the songs Run, If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It and Crack the Shutters), Kings Of Leon (Sex On Fire :lol: ) and My Chemical Romance.

if someone wants to listen something that really sucks should listen about dari and posi argento on youtube >.<... you will be surely disappointed, it's only bad you will never understand what they say :/

weeeellllllllllll ....

maroon 5
avantasia
hammerfall
bushido
in flames - come clarity

ugh ...