Music too taboo to listen to...

okayokay .. @lisra

it was the death magnetic release date, and i was in your homet0wn to tallica live @ o2 arena :)
and i was kinda .. drunk i guess, and so i stepped into the galleria kaufhof @ ostbahnhof (?!), and i saw this bushido best of cd for 5,99€ i know that he used the melody of metal bands for beats and blabla. and i thought it was funny -.- well it wasnt ... crap CD .. i dont even know where the CD is now :D

come clarity....i gave that cd away

but this thread isnt for judging, can't help what you like, i've been listening to lionel ritchie a lot lately

okayokay .. @lisra

it was the death magnetic release date, and i was in your homet0wn to tallica live @ o2 arena :)
and i was kinda .. drunk i guess, and so i stepped into the galleria kaufhof @ ostbahnhof (?!), and i saw this bushido best of cd for 5,99€ i know that he used the melody of metal bands for beats and blabla. and i thought it was funny -.- well it wasnt ... crap CD .. i dont even know where the CD is now :D

some German rap isn't bad imo. I like KIZ, Torch, Prinz Pi and Kollegah. The last Bass Sultan Hengzt album has some good songs too

Yeah I do, just to pick some good moments that come to mind while skipping through the cd:
The My Plague chorus, the tempo change in Gently, Left Behind chorus, The Shape intro,

Just in general I think it's a good album, 'cause it's got a lot of different songs/sounds/textures, the songs are really well written, it's groovy, well-performed, energetic... etc.
It's a shame that a lot of people go with all the slipknot-bashing cause they pay more mind to their fanbase instead of the music. But I guess that's a sign of popularity (not that there's a doubt slipknot are popular:p)

I care about the music. Musically it's just a drumfest with non-existant guitar play except the standard 00100012 '99 nu metal patterns. Now that nu metal is dead they've done an equally bad Machine Head jump on the Pantera/Metalcore wagon move. The only good moments to me in Slipknot is when he sings clean tbh, he's got a pretty good voice. The pussy screams are not particularly interesting.

I care about the music. Musically it's just a drumfest with non-existant guitar play except the standard 00100012 '99 nu metal patterns. Now that nu metal is dead they've done an equally bad Machine Head jump on the Pantera/Metalcore wagon move. The only good moments to me in Slipknot is when he sings clean tbh, he's got a pretty good voice. The pussy screams are not particularly interesting.

Well I don't know, maybe -because you're into a lot more heavier music in general than me- you have tons of other bands that give you what I need slipknot to give me.. I'm not much of a brutal death metal guy and I guess Slipknot combine enough heaviness with groovy musical catchy stuff for me. They just really seem(ed) very honest in their anger and aggression and very able to get the message across

Well I don't know, maybe -because you're into a lot more heavier music in general than me- you have tons of other bands that give you what I need slipknot to give me.. I'm not much of a brutal death metal guy and I guess Slipknot combine enough heaviness with groovy musical catchy stuff for me. They just really seem(ed) very honest in their anger and aggression and very able to get the message across

yeah, it could be a factor I guess. to me it's just a gateway band into agression with a much more poppy edge. and to me it's actually the poppy edge (the clean vox) that is appealing. to me all the sincerity disappears with him using the mask (NOT an argument against the mask itself) despite it making his live vocs sound like shit due to it blocking the mic

I like Modest Mouse, well good Modest Mouse like The Moon and Antarctica and The Lonesome Crowded West along with a few other songs. Some of their songs are just horrible though.

I've seen Maroon 5 3 times lol...

I don't really have anything. If I didn't like something, I wouldn't listen to it. I used to be embarrassed that I loved The Beatles, Sigur Ros, etc, but I've learned that they fucking rule and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Tears for Fears isn't that bad. I saw that at a festival a few years back. The singer has a pretty nice voice.