My Final Thoughts on TGCD

If I were to remove two songs from the album, it would be The Itch and JTP. Both of those are good, but they don't flow well with the rest of the album. The album should have ended with In The White.

If I were to remove two songs from the album, it would be The Itch and JTP. Both of those are good, but they don't flow well with the rest of the album. The album should have ended with In The White.

In the white is not a closer..:lol:

JTP is THE closer. Perfect close to TGCD.

I've also really learned to love Increase. Consternation is even growing on me, too. Individual songs just keep growing on me.

I've also really learned to love Increase. Consternation is even growing on me, too. Individual songs just keep growing on me.

Those are the two that had to grow on me the most. Consternation still has a bit to go though. Kinda weird since consternation was a leftover from VE, and I find those songs far superior, but kinda makes sense also. Just the least memorable track on there imo.

What makes a song a closer and a song not, though?

That's what I was trying to ask.
Usually its a song that differentiates itself the most from the rest of cd. A lot of the times it will be the most downer song. The last notes have to resinate in your mind, and a lot of times strong fade outs are good. Slow grinding songs are always good, but on rare occasions bands will switch it up with a building opener an an explosive end. It has to be very powerful, and memorable because the last thing is what someone will remember most. A cd is just like a book it has to have a explosive kick you in yer face opener(leaders), and a strong middle clincher (in this case it happens towards middle end so july maybe) and a resonating end(journey through pressure.)

It's something you should just be able to realize by now. In the white is no closer, and journey through pressure is clearly one. Journey Through Pressure isn't even close to my favorite track, but I do realize it's necessity for being there.

Oh yeah, Increase is fucking amazing.:worship: The verse is stunning with the vocal lines, and with each instrument doing its own thing (one guitar playing arpeggios, the other doing volume swells, the bass has its own melody going on, it's just great and so full of sorrow). There are parts in the song that really remind me of Brave Murder Day as well, with the heaviness and the lead melodies, the chorus is crushing and dark.

I really can't decide between Viva Emptiness and TGCD, except I think Ghost Of The Sun is a better opener then Leaders and Inside The City Of Glass has a slight edge over Journey Through Pressure (but just barely). On the other hand, are there any songs on Viva BETTER than July or Deliberation, with those very memorable choruses? Not to me, and otherwise its a toss up, they are both really good albums but a certain mood may sway me towards one or the other at any given time. TGCD is definitely a little colder and bleak in it's overall tone/feel.

Usually its a song that differentiates itself the most from the rest of cd. A lot of the times it will be the most downer song. The last notes have to resinate in your mind, and a lot of times strong fade outs are good. Slow grinding songs are always good, but on rare occasions bands will switch it up with a building opener an an explosive end. It has to be very powerful, and memorable because the last thing is what someone will remember most. A cd is just like a book it has to have a explosive kick you in yer face opener(leaders), and a strong middle clincher (in this case it happens towards middle end so july maybe) and a resonating end(journey through pressure.)

It's something you should just be able to realize by now. In the white is no closer, and journey through pressure is clearly one. Journey Through Pressure isn't even close to my favorite track, but I do realize it's necessity for being there.

Thanks for that.