My Final Thoughts on TGCD

The only song I absolutely hated on this album was Follower. My Twin, Deliberation and July were the standout songs, but most of the others grew on me after awhile. I definately would have liked to see the b-sides make the album, as I favored them over most of the songs that actually did make the album.

I was never a huge fan of TGCD, and I'll probably never will be. I dislike the stiff presentation and lack of that special katatonia feeling. Still, I bought it, and found some songs I like. Journey Through Pressure, July, Deliberation, My Twin, Rusted and The Itch are all descent tunes. I really cant stand Leaders, and a bad opener severly drags down the will to put on a cd. On a lighter note I think almost the entire CD works well in a live situation. Solid three-out-of-five album, but I hope the next katatonia album will bring back the magic.

For me TGCD is a very good Katatonia album - productionswise much better than VE but also with much less soul than LFDGD, my alltime favourite Katatonia album. I think the main problem is the live situation. Jonas sings very very clean and the rest of the band plays these very harsh metal riffs. That doesn't fit most of the time when they play TGCD songs. Well just my opinion. I think they shouldn't show to much perfection and trying to sound progressive as hell. :rolleyes:

I think most of the songs work out very good live, especially July and Consternation. Some of those crazy dynamics on the cd are hard to pin down fully in a live situation though. I still think Katas best live songs are from TD and LFDGD, but thats exactly the place where I believe their best songs overall are too :p

Clean vox harsh muzack ftw

tgcd def isn't prog either.:lol:

Actually I didn't mean that the album is prog. Just compared it to the previous stuff. :err:

Maybe I should say that they are trying to write more complex songs (compared to their previous albums) in the meantime and that's not automatically good.

And well, I really love Katatonia for about 16 years but they were and still are an average live band, sorry to say this.

"less soul"

you have seen nothing yet.

They say Soul died. You guys gonna resurrect the spirits of rick james, otis redding, wilson pickett, james brown, and bring back the funk?

or does this mean you're gonna be recording you're next ep straight to cassette, and then go rape small villages?

They say Soul died. You guys gonna resurrect the spirits of rick james, otis redding, wilson pickett, james brown, and bring back the funk?

or does this mean you're gonna be recording you're next ep straight to cassette, and then go rape small villages?

He definatly meant the latter:rolleyes:

You forgot pillage. You can't forget pillage!!!

katatatafbs2.jpg

Looks like Black Lodge is handling the new one!!!1111