Mysery's Crown [may contain spoilers]

afz902k

In Currents of Cobalt...
Mar 28, 2007
Mechpsycho
The song, you've heard it, you love it, or you hate it, or you are rather neutral about it (I, myself, like it indeed); Either way, I think it's a controversial song, if you look at it from the same angle I'm looking at it, or actually, listening at it.

"How so?", You say? - Well, I believe it sounds quite "gothie", but don't get me wrong, I like gothic stuff, I do listen to some Charon, 69 Eyes, Moonspell, Within Temptation, et al; However, I have to say this is not exactly what I expected from DT.

I only hope it doesn't become a trend.

Any thoughts?

Well, it's quite Dark Tranquillity. Goth, well I guess you could hear it, but it's not very different from the Projector stuff.

Yeah actually in most of the interviews I've read, I've seen DT often tends to include styles from all of their previous albums when creating new material.

I guess Projector was indeed a strong influence on that song, but having a second Projector as the next DT album is another thing I would not like a lot. Of course, it is just an opinion, many people do cite Projector as the album they most enjoy.

...And there are plenty of more-aggressive songs in Fiction so I guess there's not much to worry about.

Egh. :cry: I hate myself for downloading this early, but I swear that I'm going to go out and buy it the day of release.

Misery's Crown. Personally, I love this track and I think that they should do a video for it. I love all of the songs on the album, but I think this one is among the best, although considering my taste, I would say that. :lol:

I've limited myself only three plays for each song(except Focus Shift) from this album until the release, which I've already spent them all. : / I bet they'll do a video for Terminus. : ] Which is another good choice. I wouldn't mind if DT did a few more songs like Misery's Crown, as long as Mikael didn't cave into Him-ish vocals(FUCK THAT!) In fact, I would say that this type of song isn't new for them, Misery In Me was similar, and In Sight was also, as well as the already stated Projector album, which has a few like these too.

As for me, I already know the lyrics by memory... which are sort of emotional as well, not that it matters of course.

I actually like the lyrics a lot : ] Not the standard DT lyrics, but they aren't bad for a change. Over all, I'm very happy with Fiction, and I'm glad that they made everything the way they wanted, as a true band should.

I have no complaints :)

I like the song a lot, it was a unexpected change of pace on the CD. I think they could do a great video for it as well. I don't think its the best song on Fiction, however.

It was nice to hear clean vocals, and they are very appropriate for this song. I, for one, think Mikael's style has improved (not that I didn't like Projector), so it isn't so much "crooning cowboy". One last observation: its very catchy. Its one of the songs that gets stuck in my head more than some of the others (off of Fiction).

I think it's great. I think his clean vocals have improved since Projector, and I appreciate the directness of the lyrics. I'd be glad to have more songs in this vein in the future.

I think the song is great as such, the vocals are excellent. I just dont think it fits on Fiction - you have one blast followed by another, and then suddenly you get this sisters-of-mercy-like song, which isnt bad at all, but somehow doesnt taste as good as the tracks before. And I dont really understand why did they do it the SOM style - so many bands have done that before! This song wouldnt fit on Projector either, it should have been one of the bonus tracks. I wouldnt mind if Fiction ended with Focus Shift, or maybe even Empty Me.

Egh. :cry: I hate myself for downloading this early, but I swear that I'm going to go out and buy it the day of release.

Misery's Crown. Personally, I love this track and I think that they should do a video for it. I love all of the songs on the album, but I think this one is among the best, although considering my taste, I would say that. :lol:

I've limited myself only three plays for each song(except Focus Shift) from this album until the release, which I've already spent them all. : / I bet they'll do a video for Terminus. : ] Which is another good choice. I wouldn't mind if DT did a few more songs like Misery's Crown, as long as Mikael didn't cave into Him-ish vocals(FUCK THAT!) In fact, I would say that this type of song isn't new for them, Misery In Me was similar, and In Sight was also, as well as the already stated Projector album, which has a few like these too.

No don't think a song like this is a good choice for a single for this album. The vocals are much better on this track than on past clean vocal tracks by DT, but the only reason its such a big deal is that it contrasts the other songs around it so well. Its cool that it helped add a bit of the old Projector to the album, but its no single. I'd love to see "Icipher" as the second single, but its going to be "Terminus" I think if there is a second single.