Name Two Bands....

SugarNspice

OhSuziQ
Apr 1, 2005
Alright, trying to get the board moving here....
what two bands do you hear influencing SP the most?

My two cents (not that it counts for a hill of beans) would be Iron Maiden and old Fates Warning, in the good ol' days. They were good, they were days, and they were old.

I know, I know, thrilling post.

Anyone???? :Spin:

Good topic!

DEFO Maiden is heard in many tracks (love that!) but SP is NOT a Maiden clone... they take the good of Maiden and fuse it into their own sound.

I also hear the Fates Warning, Yes, Black Sabbath JP influences... SP keep classic metal on the go always :)

The Four Seasons and Coven...oops wrong thread.

Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and whatever other band Steve quotes as influence :D

Papa Josh said:
I always heard the old Fates sound in their music, which ain't a bad thing at fucking all in my book.
Helllllllllllllllllll no!!! I've always loved Fates, esp the older stuff.....

I know I heard Iron Maiden and Judas Priest when I first joined the band. Classic metal sound. ARMED FORCES had a pretty straight ahead metal approach. I'm hoping to infuse a bit more progressive influences into the new music. I'm real big into the over-the-top progressive music. Like Planet X, Symphony X, Dream Theater etc. Most likely with a bit more odd-time and playing around with straight time in my drum beats I hope to create lots of different feels. But without ever losing the hard kick you in the ass metal feel. "That's my fuckin metal face!"

g-mac said:
I know I heard Iron Maiden and Judas Priest when I first joined the band. Classic metal sound. ARMED FORCES had a pretty straight ahead metal approach. I'm hoping to infuse a bit more progressive influences into the new music. I'm real big into the over-the-top progressive music. Like Planet X, Symphony X, Dream Theater etc. Most likely with a bit more odd-time and playing around with straight time in my drum beats I hope to create lots of different feels. But without ever losing the hard kick you in the ass metal feel. "That's my fuckin metal face!"
I LOVE progressive music!!!!! I'm glad to hear you say that..who are some of your favorite drummers from the good ol' days, up to current drummers? Armed Forces does ring a bell, that wasn't the band with Jimi Bell was it, or am I way off track here? Just thinking off of the top of my head!!!!! I think you are from CA originally though so I am prob way off base.........And glad to see you finally got the pix up there. I'm new to the forum myself, and haven't quite poked around enough to know all the in's and outs!!! I'm proud I can private message for cripes sake! wooohoo!!!! heehee. :wave:

SugarNspice said:
I LOVE progressive music!!!!! I'm glad to hear you say that..who are some of your favorite drummers from the good ol' days, up to current drummers? Armed Forces does ring a bell, that wasn't the band with Jimi Bell was it, or am I way off track here? Just thinking off of the top of my head!!!!! I think you are from CA originally though so I am prob way off base.........And glad to see you finally got the pix up there. I'm new to the forum myself, and haven't quite poked around enough to know all the in's and outs!!! I'm proud I can private message for cripes sake! wooohoo!!!! heehee. :wave:
JOINED FORCES was who I was thinking of.......wasn't sure if you were from CT initially.........BUT Armed Forces just sounds so familiar to me.......wrong band though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

country joe and the fish, wham UK, oh yeah and that who left a cake out in the rain tune. OK, OK I am looking forward to hearing a return to SPs prog era. I'm out of the maiden/priest/dio school of metal so thats what I heard. Steve is a big queen fan also so I'm sure there's a healthy dose of that as well. Gene, you'll have lots of room to stretch so have a blast with it.

messiahdrummer said:
country joe and the fish, wham UK, oh yeah and that who left a cake out in the rain tune. OK, OK I am looking forward to hearing a return to SPs prog era. I'm out of the maiden/priest/dio school of metal so thats what I heard. Steve is a big queen fan also so I'm sure there's a healthy dose of that as well. Gene, you'll have lots of room to stretch so have a blast with it.
Oh man, that's a good one, the cake song.......I never quite understood the whole meaning of that song ... did you? I'm ashamed to even admit I know what song you are talking about!!!!!! What the???? I can even write a song like that one!!!!! But you know, the more I think about it, I think I heard some Trixter and a splash of Adam Ant in there, what's with that Steve buddy boy, eh??? Admit it, ADMIT IT!!!!!! Anyhoo, cool to have you on the board!

"Q" don't be dissin Adam Ant... Well.. I don't smoke, but I DO drink!!! and what else do I do... OH yeah Baby!!

Messiah.. glad to see another drummer on board. I plan on taking it to the limit. Even Steve told me to kick it up a notch. I have a habit of playing for the song and not throwing down. But I know I need to kick some Virgil double bass on this one. And I know you know what I mean. I took over for Virgil in one of my other projects, and it made me practive my feet more than I was used too. So all you SP fans out there, be prepared for some outrageous stuff. And I'm gonna make Steve get his riffd in order, so we are kickin it in high gear. Burnin Hi-Octane riffs!!!