Need a good Mikael photo

Phreek_23

Instigator of Awsomeness
Jul 8, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hey everyone,
This is my first post in this community, as i only found out about it recently (And yes, i am a big Opeth fan.)

My main reason for making this thread was that i am looking for decent reference picture of Mikael Akerfeldt to do a pencil portraits from.
Here are two examples of drawings that i have done so that it may give a better idea of what i am after:

Jimi Hendrix - Pencil Portrait:
Click here to view

Santana - Pencil Portrait:
Click here to view

My main influences for drawing portraits are guitarists, and Mikael stands out as my favourite and most influencial.
So if anyone has a good photo they know of (Yes, i have looked through google, but nothing good stands out) please post a link to one, it would be much appreciated.

Thank's alot in advance! :)

something like this??

Akerfeldt3.jpg

Thank's for the fast reply fellas!
I like that first black and white picture of him with the guitar, but there's a bit too much black, and with pencil portraits... that much black can ruin it. But it can definately go in the 'maybe' pile! If it was more 'front on', and see more facial features, that would've been a sure-fire pick!

They'd all be perfect photos if his face wasn't covered by a microphone or hair!
I'll give it a good week or so, there's no rush on drawing this, i wanna find a great picture!
Thanks so far to everyone who's helping

nice! lots of talent there man!

this one from the BWP promos might be good, he looks pretty sophisticated (like your other portraits) if you zoom in...
promo1.jpg

Hehe, that last photo is great, but a little too small.
I draw all my pictures on A4 paper, and i like to take up most of the page. If the picture is tiny, it lacks finer detail. I know this is a big ask ... but it's too difficult to draw from tiny pictures.

This is the one at the top of my pile so far, but still, the search continues!
Mikael.jpg

Awesome stuff!!! Hey... you should also draw the rest of the band... I don't think I've ever seen a good res. pics of the other guys.

Anyway a sketch I tried to do of Akerfeldt using a pic from the show anarkissed posted.
000_0423.jpg

Today 05:37 PM
deliverance
wow, Phreek is one of the few new members that doesn't annoy the hell out of me, by just posting
man, you can fucking DRAW! keep it up. you should definetly use a pic in which mikael is screaming.
*laughs* Thank's deliverance, i'm not sure what you're referring to here exactly, but i'm sure not everyone here is an idiot at posting messages, but thank you kindly :)

It would be nice to draw a picture of him screaming actually, it has a great sense of emotion in it, makes the picture stand out to the viewer.
But my only gripe is that all the screaming ones of him aren't the best photos to draw (IE: His face is hidden behind hair, or a microphone, or the picture is too dark/contrasted, etc..)
There's no rush to draw this though, i only do it for fun. and i hang it nicely on my wall in a frame like my other work

Phreek_23 said:
*laughs* Thank's deliverance, i'm not sure what you're referring to here exactly, but i'm sure not everyone here is an idiot at posting messages, but thank you kindly :)

i meant that some new guys annoy me, just by simply posting normal questions or just posting at all hahah.