Need a good Mikael photo

Phreek_23 said:
Small update before i goto bed! :)
Just laying down some of the shading on the face. Not all the detail shows up in the scanner though, i hate that!!

Marry me!

Hey I reckon you shouldn't post too many progress shots. That way, when you produce the final drawing, it will be more of a 'surprise' =)
However it'd be cool if you keep scanning it in from time to time, so you can show progress shots after you've finished! :cool:

Small update, just to show i'm still working on it. I've been fairly busy lately =\, i wanna get this done asap!

His face is pretty much done, if you compare to the last picture, i've fixed up alot of the shading/lighting on his face.
Also some minor details added (Which MOST of was lost 'coz of scanning), and i've done his 'stache and eyebrows =)

Mikael-Portrait-3

More to come soon! I may leave it til i've done his hair and possibly his hand til the next scan. After that, i will leave it til it's completely done!

You have great, great, great drawings... so talented. If I had seen this thread sooner, I would've let you know I have 8 or 9 galleries of Opeth pics and quite a few you might be able to use. But that's okay, this one is such a great shot of him. Thanks for showing the progression of the drawing as well, that's cool to see.

And Anna, such an ADORABLE shot of Mikael with Melinda! The shirt is so cool too. :D

wow thats fantastic, great stuff Phreek, i admire your talent, i hope that Mike sees this thread himself, if not you should definately send it into Opeth.com for the fan drawings section :headbang:

Okay, okay! Last update before i post the final one, maybe tonight, not sure...
Thank's everyone for all the support so far, it's been rather overwhelming!
And i may hand this in to opeth.com for the fan art section, thank's for the heads up 'OpethNZ'!

Mikael-Portrait-5.jpg

*laughs* Thank's Deliverance!
Umm, so far it's around 3-4 hours or so put into it!

For all the other artists out there that wonder what i used on my drawing:
Derwent grey lead pencils - 3H, 4H, 7H, F, 4B, 6B
Paper - A4 sketchbook, not printer paper! it's too thin and grey lead doesn't smudge as well on it
A mechanical 0.5 point pencil
4 Faber Castell erasers - all cut with a razor for sharper edges and finer sides for thin and small gaps that need to be erased
2 Torillions (Smudging sticks) - 1 thick, 1 small/thin
Good strong metal sharpener

That's it!
Picture should be up hopefully tonight if i can be f*cked with the rest of it. but definately within the next 2 days or so.
Thank's again to everyone for the lovely comments and support!

deliverance said:

first i thought it was the tree giving devil horns, then the middle finger, then i was thinking it was just his pointer finger...as if saying OPETH IS NUMBER 1. which do you prefer steedus sir?

I perceived it as being the middle finger, but either way...