Need help with 60's, 70's and early 80's doom

Not necessarily "doom" but some great bands from the 60/70 movement. Everytime I try to make a 60/70 thread, it gets ignored. :(

Comus
Flower Travellin' Band (absolutely fucking amazing guitarwork)
Black Widow
Bedlam
Socrates Drank The Conium (more absolutely fucking amazing guitarwork)
Eloy
Dust
Budgie
Sir Lord Baltimore
Warhorse
November
Nosferatu
Irish Coffee
Leafhound
Captain Beyond
Horse
Bodkin
Bloodrock

etc...godamn I love that era. The music was so honest.

Not necessarily "doom" but some great bands from the 60/70 movement. Everytime I try to make a 60/70 thread, it gets ignored. :(

Comus
Flower Travellin' Band (absolutely fucking amazing guitarwork)
Black Widow
Bedlam
Socrates Drank The Conium (more absolutely fucking amazing guitarwork)
Eloy
Dust
Budgie
Sir Lord Baltimore
Warhorse
November
Nosferatu
Irish Coffee
Leafhound
Captain Beyond
Horse
Bodkin
Bloodrock

etc...godamn I love that era. The music was so honest.

+Jerusalem and Lucifer Was.

By the way Flower Travellin' Band will rule all of you guys.

Not sure, but I've seen it mentioned a few times in hell ride as being doomy prog. Those guys know their heavy rock.

One that isn't mentioned is Wicked Lady's Axeman Cometh album. Recorded 68-72, not released until 94. Has anyone heard their other album? Psychotic Overkill? I don't know much about the band, but I really like this album.

At times they sound like Witchcraft, at others they're more fuzzed out like Blue Cheer's debut. Some songs have punchier productions than others (like the Axeman Cometh) and others sound like the more dirgy side of Sabbath and are drawn out (Life and Death is 10 min long).

I'm bad at describing music so these are my fav two, and imo the two catchiest, songs from the disc

http://download.yousendit.com/AD70CAEB4150CE5F

http://download.yousendit.com/1A993BD865B21D57

edit: maybe more psychedelic than you're used to? i dont know, but it is awesome.

Well, I wouldnt really call it psychedelic at all but it is pretty good. They absolutely remind me of Blue Cheer a lot and, obviously ealry Pentagram who were directly influenced from Blue Cheer...I do wonder if Witchcraft was listening to these dudes as well.

Have you heard the above mentioned Randy Holden album?

Nope. I'll definately look into it when I get the time though though, I gotta head out. If you post yousendit I'll check it tomorrow or something

:kickass: