Need some advice: What band should I buy next?

Okay, Mr. Mod, we'll all try to remember it next time. We are all very sorry.

P.S., shut the fuck up.

I realize it's not that big a deal, just thought I'd point out a widely-accepted forum guideline.

P.S., don't be a dick.

Check out:
Hammers of Misfortune - The Locust Years
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry

On your list, check out Blind Guardian (Battalions of Fear and Imaginations from the Otherside) and Amon Amarth (Once Sent from the Golden Hall)

You mentioned you like Gus G. Have you checked out NIGHTRAGE? They're more of a death sound but have a lot of power metal elements, particularly in the solos and choruses.

You may also like SHADOW GALLERY, they do the prog-power thing as well and have put out several concept albums.

I believe that if you buy a BAND it will cost you a little more than buying an album of a band.
Correct your thread title if it's possible because it is rather confusing to the users.
I didnt read your post cause it's too damn long but if you are looking for a recomendation shouldnt it be in the recomendations thread?
Correct me if I'm wrong users.

You mentioned you like Gus G. Have you checked out NIGHTRAGE? They're more of a death sound but have a lot of power metal elements, particularly in the solos and choruses.

You may also like SHADOW GALLERY, they do the prog-power thing as well and have put out several concept albums.

Fuck LSU, how dare you beat my Fighting Irish!

I'd suggest Gamma Ray, if you want some quality Speed Metal. The Land of the Free album is absolutely awesome, the first one you should check out.

And yeah, I am basically into every band you mentioned except for Firewind. However, the elite ones are Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Grave Digger, Rhapsody, Kamelot, Symphorce and Brainstorm. Rhapsody is probably the cheesiest of these bands, but its still great symphonic metal.

For recommendations, I think Thy Majestie, Masterplan, Iron Savior, Angra, Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X and Dragonland oughta be a start.

I believe that if you buy a BAND it will cost you a little more than buying an album of a band.
Correct your thread title if it's possible because it is rather confusing to the users.

When I say, "Buy a band" I mean buy their entire catalog, or near to it, with the exception of EPs. I'm not much into the Live albums either...just mainly the full-length studio albums.

I didnt read your post cause it's too damn long but if you are looking for a recomendation shouldnt it be in the recomendations thread?
Correct me if I'm wrong users.

Well, I looked at the recomendations thread and it really doesn't suit my interest/question.

Oh...it would help if you read my initial post.

I'd suggest Gamma Ray, if you want some quality Speed Metal. The Land of the Free album is absolutely awesome, the first one you should check out.

Probably get GAMMA RAY at some point, but probably not right away. After recently buying FREEDOM CALL, I'm probably looking for something a little heavier, and GRAVE DIGGER, is probably gonna be my next choice. Either them, or BOLT THROWER.

And yeah, I am basically into every band you mentioned except for Firewind. However, the elite ones are Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Grave Digger, Rhapsody, Kamelot, Symphorce and Brainstorm. Rhapsody is probably the cheesiest of these bands, but its still great symphonic metal.

Agreed about RHAPSODY, which is why I'm gonna put off getting them until later, if ever. I'll probably go with BLIND GUARDIAN before I get RHAPSODY

For recommendations, I think Thy Majestie, Masterplan, Iron Savior, Angra, Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X and Dragonland oughta be a start.

Probably get GAMMA RAY at some point, but probably not right away. After recently buying FREEDOM CALL, I'm probably looking for something a little heavier, and GRAVE DIGGER, is probably gonna be my next choice. Either them, or BOLT THROWER.

Agreed about RHAPSODY, which is why I'm gonna put off getting them until later, if ever. I'll probably go with BLIND GUARDIAN before I get RHAPSODY

I've heard a little bit of THY MAJESTIE and they're alright, but not sure if I wanna buy them though...plus the fact that buying them would mean having to go the 'import' route.

Regarding EDGUY and SONATA ARCTICA, I keep weighing them together. I've heard several SONATA songs, but not so much EDGUY, but from what I've heard, they sound pretty good.

Right now, I'm really leaning towards GRAVE DIGGER. Probably buy their five 2006 Remastered albums first from "The Reaper" up through the "Midieval Trilogy". Get those out of the way because it seems a lot of online e-tailers aren't carrying those reliably.

Lets see....since you like cheesey power metal. Try out DARK MOOR. Their "Gates of Oblivion" album is the heaviest they've got, but really catchy. With "Hall of Olden Dreams" as 2nd.
and their from spain, so it's a + to your euro metal collection.

Angra too, already been mentioned, but they deserve a second.

Then theres this hybrid band I'm really into. Half power half folk. ELVENKING is the name.

If you can toughen up to the vocals, AGALLOCH is the best recommendation I can give you. Just give it a listen.

If you haven't already checked it out, I think you would really fit in and like the musical tastes of the guys over at the Old School board. They are more into the power metal type thing over there and could probably give you some good recommendations.