Nevermore needs to write a some about American human shields in Iraq!!!!!!

Originally posted by thesinmakesureal
Like I said before, I don't agree with every thing about the US, but this war is not about oil.
About power and oil...
If only the Bush administration would spend as much time and money on issues like health insurence, education and the economic recession...

Kuwait was about not about oil; though it was part of the reason we were there.
US foreign politics has never been altruistic, there has always been personal gain involved.
READ: http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/library/wonderful/index.php

The war is to stop a dictator that will kill some one just because they disagree with him.
Maybe that's what you'd like to believe but there are so many dictators, the US doesn't interfere in those countries either...Do you really think that a whole nation would prepare for war, just for the (anti-american) people of one irrelevant country which the US helped destroy in the first place - by sponsoring the war with Iran?

America is not naive enough to think we can take on half the world by our selves.
You are right, it's called arrogance.

Some one said America is trying to spread fear?????
Like I said, watch Bowling for Columbine for one thing. Your whole society is build on fear, fear of communism, fear of immigrants, fear of the black man, fear of terrorism...fear of nuclear attacks, chemical warfare, the islam, death metal, rap...we need guns to protect ourselves!

What propaganda are you talking about?
The one you believe...'manipulate the media' remember. The propaganda that wants you to believe the US are really ready to sacrafice their sons and daughters, their good foreign relations with Germany and France, their already bad economy...just to free the people of Iraq. I bet you also believe that the war on Afghanistan was to free the people of the Taliban regime.

The 9-11 attacks weren't because the terrorist are jealous of your freedom, of your freedom of speech and your profound believe that all people are equal (all rich heterosexual white people that is)
READ: http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/library/wonderful/index.php

I can hardly blame you for your ignorence, after all you are a product of your own media, you know only what you see. Even though you have the resources to find alternative media, foreign voices and opinions.

It's sad that after reviewing your own history, the USA haven't learned anything about their past...quite the opposite. War has never ever been a solution

what country are you from?

It's not so much to free the people then it is to terrorism.

Shit dude, I give up and I agree with you. No more wars!!! No more wars!!! I just won't fly in an air plain any more becasue you never know when some jackass is going to fly it into a building.

In the words of Chris Rock "It's the medis".

War is fucking retarded.

War for oil is even more fucking retarded.

War for oil when another country is a much bigger threat is BEYOND fucking retarded.

Saddam and Osama HATE each other; Al Qaeda sees the Iraqi government as corrupt. But if the US invades anywhere in the Middle East, that'll be the biggest recruitment boost bin Laden could ever ask for. Way more trouble than we're prepared to handle, just so Bush can satisfy his buddes in big oil.

By the way, Sin, it's spelled "Allah."

One more thing...if the draft happens, who wants to chip in to rent a big house in Canada where all we American draft-dodgers can crash?

TheSinMakesYouReal:
Yup, no more wars, no more terrorism, no more crimes...

peace!

*Claps Loudly*
I love non-americans (Don't be mad.) THEY know what's going on, at least. What country are you from, Cynical Sphere?

Originally posted by azal

fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.
:lol:
PAX ROMANA...

Humanity is built up on wars.
And no war is fucking holy. Oily maybe. No war is about freedom. They all are about power. The worst things about wars is that they define human nature in a very large part of it. I mean I never heard of WWParty. Only of WWW (not World Wide Web LOL)

As for US goverment they should rename their
MINISTRY of DEFENCE
to
MINISTRY of OIL-FENCE. :err:

Bad thing about Americans is that they are freedom fighters. And they are so oilless.. ups... defenceless I meant. :guh:

But good thing about them is Nevermore and Fates Warning. (and others, like the divine Destinys End that I am listening to now :headbang: )

And closing here is a big hey to Ledmag. :)

IF only peace really worked like this, but again the war is not for oil. Go ahead and keep telling your selves that and hate the government, the armed forces, your red streched out ass hole (joking), what ever it is. But if there is a war and america and it's allies win, we are not going to take the country over. We will help rebuild the country for the people of Iraq, not the government, (or lack there of).

Let freedom ring and peace to all. Sorry for another comment on the subject but I had to.

Of course America will win...that's not the point. And of course they will help rebuilt Iraq...no doubt about that. But for the good of the people? I don't think so...what does Bush care about poor Iraqees that have been taught from birth to hate Americans? Help rebuilt Iraq so they can control their oil is more like it.

It's no point in arguing on this board what the true motives behind this war are. You believe what you want to believe, and we'll do the same. But do you really believe America is going to risk it's economy, it's sons and daughters and all the other things I've mentioned before...just to free the people of Iraq? When are you going to procclaim war on China, Zimbabwe and Ethiopia, liberate the people there? And why not liberate the Dutch...we have people selling drugs in bars, abortion-tourism, homosexuals getting married, teens having sex because birthcontrol pills are refunded by our health insurence! Help us!

I bet Bush and Blair feel misunderstood, after all they are only trying to save the world but nobody recognizes their hard efforts...it's like Spiderman and Buffy, saving the world all over again but nobody's thankful...it's hard being misunderestimated you know...

The people over at the Arch Enemy board are even more out of it....

Originally posted by thesinmakesureal
. The war is to stop a dictator that will kill some one just because they disagree with him.

" Religion is power, 'cause most of us feel like rats, in a maze"

xxx Iris xxx
btw, thnx LoM...for agreeing with me
-x-

From some one in an arch enemy thread.

The charge (that the U.S. is just after Iraq's oil) has a surface plausibility because Iraq does have the second-largest known reserves in the world. But we certainly don't need to send 250,000 soldiers to get at it. Saddam Hussein would gladly sell us all the oil we wanted. The only thing preventing unlimited sales are the United States-enforced sanctions, which Baghdad (and the big oil companies) would love to see lifted. Washington has refused to go along because Saddam Hussein flouts United Nations resolutions. This suggests that our primary focus is the threat he poses, not the oil he possesses.

It's true that overthrowing Saddam Hussein would lead to the lifting of sanctions and a possible increase in oil exports. But it would take a lot of time and money to rebuild Iraq's dilapidated oil industry, even if the regime didn't torch everything on the way out. A study from the Council on Foreign Relations and the James A. Baker III Institute at Rice University estimated that it would take three years and $5 billion to restore Iraqi production just to its pre-1990 level of 3.5 million barrels a day. That would increase total world production by only 1.3 percent, and might not reduce prices at all if other countries cut output or banded together to keep prices stable.

For that matter, would our government really want a steep drop in prices? The domestic oil patch - including President Bush's home state, Texas - was devastated in the 1980's when prices fell as low as $10 a barrel. Washington is generally happy with a range of $18 to $25 a barrel, about where oil was before the strikes in Venezuela and jitters about Iraq helped push prices over $34 a barrel. If we were really concerned about cheap oil above all, we'd be sending troops to Caracas, not Baghdad.

The other possible economic advantage in Iraq would be for American companies to win contracts to put out fires, repair refineries and help operate the oil industry, as they did in Kuwait. What's the total value of such work? It's impossible to say, but last year Iraq signed a deal with Russian companies (since canceled by Saddam Hussein) to rebuild oil and other industries, valued at $40 billion over five years.

Yet the White House estimates the military operation alone would cost $50 billion to $60 billion. (Others suggest the figure would be far higher.) And rebuilding of the country's cities, roads and public facilities would cost $20 billion to $100 billion more, with much of that money in the initial years coming from the "international community" (read: Uncle Sam).

Thus, if a capitalist cabal were running the war, it would have to conclude it wasn't a paying proposition.

"The charge (that the U.S. is just after Iraq's oil) has a surface plausibility because Iraq does have the second-largest known reserves in the world."

This alone is untrue, the US are running out of oil...last year they had to import expensive fuel from Europe which in turn raised the already expensive gas prices in Europe.

The rest is nice propaganda, believe what you want. Someone on the Arch Enemy board also said that the US was the best country to live in...

Why would the US spend all this time effort money energy in helping the people from Iraq...when they have enough internal problems to worry about?

Maybe if we create a diversion, like a war, nobody will notice that the Bush administration is doing really bad...even...is fucking up!

Originally posted by Cynical Sphere
"The charge (that the U.S. is just after Iraq's oil) has a surface plausibility because Iraq does have the second-largest known reserves in the world."

This alone is untrue, the US are running out of oil...last year they had to import expensive fuel from Europe which in turn raised the already expensive gas prices in Europe.

The rest is nice propaganda, believe what you want. Someone on the Arch Enemy board also said that the US was the best country to live in...

Why would the US spend all this time effort money energy in helping the people from Iraq...when they have enough internal problems to worry about?

Maybe if we create a diversion, like a war, nobody will notice that the Bush administration is doing really bad...even...is fucking up!
you said "this alone is untrue" against the previous allegations that iraq has the second largest know reserves in the world. yet you proceed to skirt disputation of the size of iraq's oil reserves altogether. are you saying iraq does not have the second largest oil reserves? secondly, if the US really is running out of oil, provide some sort of correlation between that and america's foreign policy. you can dispute the rest of the argument as "propaganda", but how else do you explain america's ambivalence towards venezuela, which was one of america's largest sources of oil before the strikes? your total lack of evidence is the true propaganda.