Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

I met iced earth recently behind the newport music hall where i saw them in columbus. I prefer nevermore over iced earth, but i am a very big iced earth. I thought jon and matt were pretty cool, but i dont really think they are that chill of dudes. Jon seems really stern and like a little to serious for my tastes when i was talking with him. Its hard for me to describe why i got these vibes, but thats just sorta how i felt. Matt was wearing this anti osma bin laden shirt. Now i am very much against any individual that attacked our country, but im against rushing into his country and destroying it for one man. If by wearing that shirt matt is supporting the terrorism war, i disagree with that. Jon and Matt seemed to both be hardcore partriots. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but they just seemed to overdo it in this time where it is popular to be patriotic. I also got the same kinda wierd stern vibe off of matt. Both jon and matt were really cool and let me get pics, but i dunno if i'd personally choose them as friends. You know when I met nevermore, especially warrel, the vibe was totally different. If you wanna talk to a laid back dude that just wants to bullshit like anyone else, talk to warrel. Hell every dude in nevermore has been cool as fuck to me the 4 times i saw them, and they always remembered me. I do have to say that richard christy was very cool. I talked with him for a while about death and control denied and what was goin happen with the new control denied material. Richard is a much different guy than the rest of the dudes in iced earth. I guess i also have to take into account that he isnt as well known as the other people, but i thought he was much easier to talk with and sorta chill with after the show. Anyways, nothing against iced earth, but i think jon and matt are a little to uptight for me.

Nevermore and Iced Earth are my two favorite bands. So to me, to compare them is silly. Although they are both clearly Metal, they approach music from completely different angles. I would agree, that Nevermore is vastly more talented, from a pure musicianship perspective. however, Iced Earth isn't trying to blow anyone away with their chops. They are simply trying to write kick ass Metal songs, and at that, they are very talented.

As for the whole Warrel vs. Matthew issue, I'm sorry to say it, but I'll take Matt. Although I think Warrel is one of the truly elite vocalists in the genre, Matthew is (in my opinion) the best vocalist in the genre. And live (not that Warrel isn't brilliant live) Barlow is a god.

GZ

i cant believe i actually read that 5 pages of bullshit hehe. but to sum up what i think:
jon is a no talent assclown cunt, and nevermore rocks all over him and his band of jerks. i used to think iced earth was cool and i liked jon and thought it was cool when he said 'fuck posers' and stuff like that. but when i grew past the age of 16 i decided that he was a bafoon and treats his band like shit. he is such a fucking megalomaniac.

"oh yeh i was happy about the election. im a patriot!" yeh fuck you dickhead. you and dubba are a nice pair of fuckwit redneck morons.

jon has run out of good riffs. he ran out of them after stormrider. burnt offerings is ok but its different. the only thing after those that is worth anything is the somthing wicked trillogy. horror show is a total pile of dogshit. its fucking horrid. its an abomination of all that is right and just. i listened to the interview on the other cd and just shook my head the whole time. what a dick.

now that that anti-jon rant is out, i think i'll put on POE or somthing.
-neal

Originally posted by neal
i cant believe i actually read that 5 pages of bullshit hehe. but to sum up what i think:
jon is a no talent assclown cunt, and nevermore rocks all over him and his band of jerks. i used to think iced earth was cool and i liked jon and thought it was cool when he said 'fuck posers' and stuff like that. but when i grew past the age of 16 i decided that he was a bafoon and treats his band like shit. he is such a fucking megalomaniac.

"oh yeh i was happy about the election. im a patriot!" yeh fuck you dickhead. you and dubba are a nice pair of fuckwit redneck morons.

jon has run out of good riffs. he ran out of them after stormrider. burnt offerings is ok but its different. the only thing after those that is worth anything is the somthing wicked trillogy. horror show is a total pile of dogshit. its fucking horrid. its an abomination of all that is right and just. i listened to the interview on the other cd and just shook my head the whole time. what a dick.

now that that anti-jon rant is out, i think i'll put on POE or somthing.
-neal

great post man...good choice of a cd to pull out.POE is good stuff

Jon does all downstrokes.....now thats fucking fast....
So shut ur ugly mug of a face.!!!

yeah, ZOD, well said!
how can one compare nevermore with Iced earth=? they´re so different in style and intention that its just silly to compare the both of them; ok, u can talk about the riffs, about the quality of the music in toto, but thats it! imo ...

btw - Iced Earth rules since barlow does the vocals :)=

If u guys wanna compare bands with similar INTENTIONS than why not start with Jag Panzer vs Iced Earth
well that would be amazing :eek:

just my 2 cts

Originally posted by Serge
yeah, ZOD, well said!
how can one compare nevermore with Iced earth=? they´re so different in style and intention that its just silly to compare the both of them; ok, u can talk about the riffs, about the quality of the music in toto, but thats it! imo ...

btw - Iced Earth rules since barlow does the vocals :)=

If u guys wanna compare bands with similar INTENTIONS than why not start with Jag Panzer vs Iced Earth
well that would be amazing :eek:

just my 2 cts

Ok, ill tell you why its ok to compare them.....I LIKE THEM BOTH AND I STARTED THIS THREAD.....so there

I LIKE NEVERMORE BETTER.....BUT I STILL LIKE ICED EARTH....

SO, if in your oppinion, they cant be compared, then dont bother to post on the subject...im not being a dick..im just being POINT BLANK

NEVERMORE IS MY FAV.....thats obvious.

Originally posted by ledmag

Oh, Im sorry you feel that way..really i am

I didn't mean to say EVERY musical position, I meant most of them. In terms of vocals and drums, Iced Earth is far greater. All the other positions are pretty much equal, but overall, Iced Earth IS a more talented band. Though I love Nevermore, IE owns them. :p