Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Iced Earth is much better. The vocals are far superior, in my book, and the overall sound is what I would prefer. That's not meaning to dog Nevermore, I like them (obviously, that's why I came here) but Iced Earth has an overall sound that is far superior to anything else today. They are the leaders in the traditional metal that we need. Hands down. Nevermore is on track to reach that status, that's why I'm here cheering them on.

"Iced earth are the leaders in the traditional metal that we need"

Well, of course Iced Earth are the better band, because nevermore doesn't and never has played "traditional metal" like iced earth.

That's like saying "Politics of ecstasy is a better prog album than something wicked"... duuh... of course.

:)

Trapped, "Well, of course Iced Earth are the better band, because nevermore doesn't and never has played "traditional metal" like iced earth" I would only find that as a compliment for Iced Earth, because I think "traditional" metal is better than any of that new shit.

Trapped, you find Nevermore Prog ? I guess that could be. Prog to me is Gamma Ray, Stratovarius etc. which is outstanding. I love that too, but to answer the main question..... well, you know.

The Politics of Ecstasy is prog metal... but not in the stratovarius sense, no. It's prog because of the time signatures and the musicianship they display... 42147 is a prog tune, especially the middle section. Same with lost, the learning and seven tongues of god.

It's very Psychotic Waltz at times...

That's cool trapped.... No problem here, trust me. I love the way you guys break it all down, but I look at it as walking through the door and hearing music played. (so to speak) I prefer Iced Earth, but I also like Nevermore. Some of you guys can take it down to the "ping" of the guitar or the "flam" of the drum, whatever...... that's cool for those who dissect it, but I like the overall sound , and I like Iced Earth more. Again, that's not an argument, it's just me. It's cool you're familiar with prog though.....

i havent been here much lately, and looks lik eneal hasnt, and RP said he was sliding on out as well.

BUt yeah, your right, it will not die, unless the athorities take it and run. hahhaha

Originally posted by D-Day
That's cool trapped.... No problem here, trust me. I love the way you guys break it all down, but I look at it as walking through the door and hearing music played. (so to speak) I prefer Iced Earth, but I also like Nevermore. Some of you guys can take it down to the "ping" of the guitar or the "flam" of the drum, whatever...... that's cool for those who dissect it, but I like the overall sound , and I like Iced Earth more. Again, that's not an argument, it's just me. It's cool you're familiar with prog though.....

To me, Nevermore are much more pleasing initially... they've got the catchy hooks like IE, but they take it one step further.

I guess some people would call that extra step "Musical Masturbation", but that's what i like, i like songs that just go off on a random tangent, on a strange road, and take the song somewhere different... Like Next in line, fucking crushing tune, and then at the end there's a weirdass proggy bit that's nothing like the rest of the song, i love the changes.

I've been into nevermore for a loooong time, but i've only been into prog for about a year. I didn't even realise nevermore had technicality untill i started playing some of it myself... ! POE was the first NVRMR cd i bought, and i used to listen to it while i painted, because it gave me such cool ideas and inspiration, i had no idea at all that they were even slightly proggy... hell, i was into Slayer bigtime at that point :eek:

Alot of people say to me "You can break it down all you want, but it doesn't sound as good as so and so", but that's not right. Nevermore sounds better to me than Iced Earth does, and it's pure coincidence that the two bands break down totally differently, one complex, and one fairly simple...

I love taking apart music, it's what i do... :)

Stratovarius is not prog....it's power....nothing progressive about them.

and about the PW thing....I remember reading in an interview hat Van is a huge fan.

I think the whole band are big fans... The drumming on POE and even In Memory is really Psychotic Waltz at times...

...And the devil cried (Here we go again on another trapped rant :lol: ) should have been on Politics, it really should have, it reminds me of one of the riffs*** at the start of Seven Tongues of God

the one that goes: DUH DUH twiddlediddle DUH DUH twiddlediddle DUH DUH DAH DUH twiddlediddle... :lol:

"
I love taking apart music, it's what i do...

I think that can make some music more enjoyable, but it doesn't work for atmospheric music. If you took Rotting Christ - The World Mad apart, you get a pretty simple song. But if you just listen its really enjoyable. I think Dead Hear is pretty much the same way.